A Case Study of the UK Energy Market
In this chapter, we carry out a numerical investigation of the model introduced in Chap. 3. The processes and functions appearing in the pricing FBSDE will be chosen so that they model the features of the UK energy market. Their parameters will be estimated using real data. Following this, the pricing FBSDE will be solved numerically, along with a regularized version of the pricing FBSDE. We finally interpret the numerical results.
- 1.Argus Media. Changes to Argus European Electricity effective 24 January 2017. http://euftp.online.argusmedia.com/ArgusStaticContent/Resources/data/announcements/pdf/20170124aee.pdf (Online; accessed May 2017).
- 6.Howison, Sam and Michael C. Coulon. 2009. Stochastic behaviour of the electricity bid stack: from fundamental drivers to power prices. The Journal of Energy Markets, 2 (1).Google Scholar
- 8.ICIS. Edem launches clean spark and dark tables for UK and Germany. www.icis.com/resources/news/2006/03/13/9285978/edem-launches-clean-spark-and-dark-tables-for-uk-and-germany/ (Online; accessed May 2017).
- 9.Platts. Methodology and specifications guide European electricity assessments and indices. www.platts.com/IM.Platts.Content/methodologyreferences/methodologyspecs/european_power_methodology.pdf (Online; accessed May 2017).
- 11.Smith, William. 2010. On the simulation and estimation of the mean-reverting Ornstein–Uhlenbeck process. Commodities Markets and Modelling.Google Scholar