Scalable Computations of GeRa Code on the Base of Software Platform INMOST
The hydrogeological modeling code GeRa is based on INMOST software platform, which operates with distributed mesh data and allows to assemble and solve the system of linear equations. The set of groundwater flow models with filtration, transport, and chemical processes are considered. The comparison of parallel efficiency for different linear solvers in the INMOST framework is performed. The analysis of scalability of GeRa code on different computer platforms from multicore laptop to Lomonosov supercomputer is presented.
KeywordsNumerical modelling Software platform Distributed meshes Subsurface flow and transport
The authors express their gratitude to V. Kramarenko for his permanent assistance with assembling the GeRa code, for installing GeRa on different computer platforms, and for generating the model sets from the GeRa verification tests.
- 3.Kapyrin, I., Nikitin, K., Terekhov, K., Vassilevski, Y.: Nonlinear monotone FV schemes for radionuclide geomigration and multiphase flow models. In: Fuhrmann, J., Ohlberger, M., Rohde, C. (eds.) Finite Volumes for Complex Applications VII-Elliptic, Parabolic and Hyperbolic Problems. Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics, vol. 78, pp. 655–663. Springer, Berlin (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Plenkin, A.V., Chernyshenko, A.Y., Chugunov, V.N., Kapyrin, I.V.: Adaptive unstructured mesh generation methods for hydrogeological problems. Vychisl. Metody Program. 16(4), 518–533 (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.INMOST: a toolkit for distributed mathematical modelling. URL: http://www.inmost.org
- 8.Vassilevski, Y.V., Konshin, I.N., Kopytov, G.V., Terekhov, K.M.: INMOST - a software platform and a graphical environment for development of parallel numerical models on general meshes, 144 pp. Moscow State University Publication, Moscow (2013) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 10.PETSc - Portable, Extensible Toolkit for Scientific Computation. https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc
- 13.INM RAS cluster. http://cluster2.inm.ras.ru (in Russian)
- 14."Lomonosov" supercomputer. https://parallel.ru/cluster/lomonosov.html (in Russian)