This chapter will discuss workup, diagnosis, and management of bladder cancer with an emphasis on radiation therapy and published data.
KeywordsBladder cancer Urothelial cell carcinoma Bladder preservation Radiation therapy Cystectomy
We thank William Foster MD, Brian Lee MD, PhD, and Joycelyn L. Speight MD, PhD, for their work on the prior edition of this chapter.
- American Cancer Society. Bladder cancer. Atlanta: American Cancer Society; 2016.Google Scholar
- Amin, MB, Edge, S, Greene, F, Byrd, DR, Brookland, RK, Washington, MK, Gershenwald, JE, Compton, CC, Hess, KR, Sullivan, DC, Jessup, JM, Brierley, JD, Gaspar, LE, Schilsky, RL, Balch, CM, Winchester, DP, Asare, EA, Madera, M, Gress, DM, Meyer, LR (editos). AJCC cancer staging manual, 8th edition. Springer; 2017Google Scholar
- Edge SB, Byrd DR, Compton CC, Fritz AG, Greene FL, Trotti A, (editors). AJCC cancer staging manual, 7th edition. Springer; 2010.Google Scholar
- Mak RH, Hunt D, Shipley WU, et al. Long-term outcomes in patients with muscle-invasive bladder cancer after selective bladder-preserving combined-modality therapy: a pooled analysis of Radiation Therapy Oncology Group protocols 8802, 8903, 9506, 9706, 9906, and 0233. J Clin Oncol. 2014;32(34):3801–9.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Clinical practice guidelines in oncology: bladder cancer v.2.2016. Available at: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/PDF/bladder.pdf