Information System for Automated Multicriterial Analytical Control of Geomagnetic Field and Space Weather Parameters
Long-term experimental researches in various spheres prove an influence of space weather, geomagnetic field, its variations and anomalies on systems and objects of various origins. The estimation of the influence requires an effective approach to analyze the principles of distribution of geomagnetic field parameters on the Earth’s surface, its subsoil and in circumterrestrial space. In this paper the authors suggest the solution, which is based on modern geoinformation and web technologies and provides the mechanisms to calculate, analyze and visualize parameters of geomagnetic field and its variations. The most attention here is paid to research and development of integrated information space for monitoring and analytical control of parameters of space weather, geomagnetic field and its variations. The integrated information space is based on the set of conception, models, and methods and represented as analytical information system GEOMAGNET (https://www.geomagnet.ru).
KeywordsGeoinformation systems Geomagnetic variations Analytical information systems Geomagnetic field Space weather Magnetic storms Data assimilation Integration and fusion
The reported study was supported by RFBR, research projects No. 14-07-00260-a, 14-07-31344-mol-a, 15-17-20002-d_s, 15-07-02731_a, and the grant of President of Russian Federation for the young scientists support MK-5340.2015.9.
- 1.Aminatov, A.S., et al.: Variations of the Earth’s magnetic field, 52 p. StroiArt, Moscow (2001). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 3.Kerridge, D.: INTERMAGNET: worldwide near-real-time geomagnetic observatory data. http://www.intermagnet.org/publications/IM_ESTEC.pdf
- 6.Vorobev, A.V., Shakirova, G.R.: Applicaton of geobrowsers to 2D/3D-visualisation of geomagnetic field. In: Proceedings of the 15th SGEM GeoConference on Informatics, Geoinformatics and Remote Sensing, Albena, 18–24 June 2015, vol. 1, pp. 479–486 (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Vorobev, A.V., Shakirova, G.R.: Modeling and 2D/3D-visualization of geomagnetic field and its variations parameters. In: Proceedings of GISTAM 2015 - 1st International Conference on Geographical Information Systems Theory, Applications and Management, pp. 35–42 (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Vorobev, A.V., Shakirova, G.R.: Calculation and analysis of dynamics of main magnetic field parameters for the period 2010–2015. Geoinformatika 1, 37–46 (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Yanovsky, B.M.: The Earth’s magnetism, 590 p. Leningrad (1978). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 11.Zabolotnaya, N.A.: Geomagnetic activity indices, 84 p. LKI, Moscow (2007). (in Russian)Google Scholar