Future of the Frequent Flyer Program
De Boer identifies the relevant factors that will help shape the future of frequent flyer programs (FFPs). Firstly, De Boer confirms that ample room for growth remains, and offers five growth strategies that can be applied to FFPs with varying levels of maturity. Secondly, De Boer identifies the potential headwinds for FFPs—and outlines the impact of each hurdle. Thirdly, De Boer reviews the changing airline environment—and how this will impact the FFP. Lastly, De Boer outlines four possible scenarios for the long-term future that will impact the FFP. The scenarios are the end of distressed inventory, the rise of the super-informed consumer, the super-fungible loyalty currency, and the end airline ownership restrictions. For each scenario, De Boer identifies the interplay with the FFP.
- Banchik, G. (2013, November 14). The Arisa Group: Regulatory landscape: pressures on interchange and its impact on co-brands worldwide. Presentation presented at Mega Event 2013, Vancouver, BC.Google Scholar
- Berry, J. (2014, April 2). From frequent flyer programs to shopper flyer programs. Retrieved April 29, 2017, from https://www.colloquy.com/resources/pdf/reports/20140402-Frequent-to-Shopper-Flyer-Programs-rep.pdf
- Ching, A., & Hayashi, F. (2010). Payment card rewards programs and consumer payment choice. Journal of Banking & Finance, 34(8), 1773–1787. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbankfin.2010.03.015.
- Crisp, A. (2005, October 24). Lufthansa sells Loyalty Partner. Airline Business. Retrieved March 26, 2017, from https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/lufthansa-sells-loyalty-partner-202279/
- Grant, L. (2015, May 12). Qantas 2015 investor day. Retrieved April 27, 2017, from https://www.qantas.com.au/infodetail/about/investors/investor-day-presentation-2015.pdf
- Grant, L. (2017, May 5). Qantas 2017 investor day. Retrieved May 19, 2017, from http://investor.qantas.com/FormBuilder/_Resource/_module/doLLG5ufYkCyEPjF1tpgyw/file/presentations/QAN-Investor-Day-2017.pdf
- IATA. (2011). Vision 2050. Retrieved November 27, 2016, from https://www.iata.org/pressroom/facts_figures/Documents/vision-2050.pdf
- IATA. (2013). Profitability and the air transport value chain. Retrieved May 25, 2017, from https://www.iata.org/whatwedo/Documents/economics/profitability-and-the-air-transport-value%20chain.pdf
- International Airlines Group. (2017, April 24). IAG Invests in two Hangar 51 start-ups [Press release]. Retrieved April 28, 2017, from http://www.iagshares.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=240949&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2263872
- JetBlue. (2016, March 25). JetBlue technology ventures selects silicon valley-based FLYR as its first strategic investment. Retrieved April 28, 2017, from http://blueir.investproductions.com/investor-relations/press-releases/2016/03-25-2016-014715999
- Krashinsky Robertson, S. (2016, November 29). Air Miles decries Ontario push to ban expiration of loyalty points. The Globe and Mail. Retrieved April 29, 2017, from http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/industry-news/marketing/air-miles-decries-ontario-push-to-ban-expiration-of-loyalty-points/article33097482/
- Palamon Capital Partners. (n.d.). Private equity for Europe: Loyalty partner. Retrieved June 1, 2017, from http://www.palamon.com/investment-portfolio/detail/loyalty-partner
- Payback. (n.d.). The history of Payback. Retrieved June 1, 2017, from https://www.payback.net/pl/en/about-payback/payback-the-history/
- Rochet, J.-C., & Wright, J. (2010). Credit card interchange fees. Journal of Banking & Finance, 34(8), 1788–1797. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbankfin.2010.02.026.
- Scandinavian Airlines. (2012, April 26). 20 Years of loyalty with Scandinavian Airlines. Retrieved April 29, 2017, from http://www.sasgroup.net/en/20-years-of-loyalty-with-scandinavian-airlines/
- Taneja, N. (2016). Designing future-oriented airline businesses. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Virgin Australia. (2016). Annual report 2016. Retrieved June 4, 2017, from https://www.virginaustralia.com/cs/groups/internetcontent/@wc/documents/webcontent/~edisp/2016-annual-report.pdf
- Wittmer, A., & Maurer, T. (2015). Airport loyalty programs. Presented at the 19th Annual World Conference Air Transport Research Society, Singapore.Google Scholar