- 326 Downloads
The contextual information of BDA is examined in this chapter. Malaysia was placed in the world top 20 in the Global Competitiveness Index 2014–2015 compiled by the WEF. Bintulu, where BDA is situated, is located in Sarawak, Malaysian Borneo. It is known as a town of resource-based industry, oil and gas, as well as renewable energy in Malaysia. Sarawak, on the other hand, is the only state in Malaysia rated A by the Standard and Poor. The discovery of large reserves of natural gas offshore in 1968 saw the turning point for Bintulu from a coastal settlement to a major industrial town in Malaysia. BDA was formed in 1978 to act as the central governmental body that can both coordinate and implement development projects on its own in the Bintulu region.
KeywordsBinutulu Natural gas Development Policy Government BDA
- Australian Development Assistance Bureau. (1979). Bintulu regional centre study (vol. i–iv). Prepared by P.G. Pak-Poy & Associates Pty. Ltd and Associate Consultants on behalf of the Government of Australia.Google Scholar
- Bernama. (2011, November 21). SCORE attracts RM28 billion of investments. Retrieved from http://www.mole.my/content/score-attracts-rm28-billion-investments.
- The Bintulu Development Authority Ordinance. (1978).Google Scholar
- Bintulu Development Authority. (1989). An era begins. Sarawak: Bintulu Development Authority Publishing Unit.Google Scholar
- Bintulu Development Authority. (2008). Bintulu: Towards a friendly industrial city. Sarawak: Bintulu Development Authority Publishing Unit.Google Scholar
- Bintulu Development Authority. (2014, January 6). BDA business system (BBS) go-live. Retrieved from http://www.bda.gov.my/announcement_detail.php?id=22.
- The Borneo Post. (2011, November 26). Company appointed to provide consultancy services for railway network. Retrieved from http://www.theborneopost.com/2013/11/26/company-appointed-to-provide-consultancy-services-for-railway-network/.
- The Borneo Post. (2014, December 6). First turbine unit ready for Murum Dam. Retrieved from http://www.theborneopost.com/2014/12/06/first-turbine-unit-ready-for-murum-dam/.
- Hijjas Kasturi Associates Sdn Bhd and Arthur Erickson Associates. (1985). Tanjung Batu coastal reserve master plan study: Adopted layout report.Google Scholar
- Kunding, G. (2011, April 11). Govt mulls Tg Manis-Samalaju rail link. The Borneo Post. Retrieved from http://www.theborneopost.com/2011/04/11/govt-mulls-tg-manis-samalaju-rail-link/.
- Ministry of Urban Wellbeing, Housing, and Local Government. (2014). Statistics of local authorities. Retrieved from http://www.epbt.gov.my/osc/stat_PBT1.cfm.
- Nazaruddin, M. J., Redzuan, M., Samah, A. A., & Ismail, M. R. (2010). Malaysian studies: Nationhood and citizenship. Petaling Jaya: Prentice Hall.Google Scholar
- Pushpanathan, S. (2003, August 9). Appreciating, understanding the ASEAN concept. The Jakarta Post.Google Scholar
- Sarawak Chief Minister’s Department. (2014, March 28). Transformation program. Retrieved from http://www.jkm.sarawak.gov.my/modules/web/page.php?id=119&menu_id=0&sub_id=7.
- Scott, R. (1995). Institutions and organizations. Thousand Oaks: Sage.Google Scholar
- WAHBA Engineering Consultants and GHD Consultants. (2006a). Bintulu urban and regional study: Final report. Vol. 1, Part 6, Land use and transportation, 10–37.Google Scholar
- WAHBA Engineering Consultants and GHD Consultants. (2006b). Bintulu urban and regional study: Final report. Vol. 1, Part 6, Natural resources, 20/2-20/4.Google Scholar
- WAHBA Engineering Consultants and GHD Consultants. (2006c). Bintulu urban and regional study: Final report. Vol. 1, Part 7, Regional strategies, 19/14-19/15.Google Scholar
- Yeo, C. (2013, October 29). Sarawak civil service keeps changing for efficiency, says State Secretary. The Star. Retrieved from http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Community/2013/10/29/Evolutions-for-better-delivery-Sarawak-civil-service-keeps-changing-for-efficiency-says-State-Secret/.
- Yong, O. K. (2004, June 30). Region grouping pursues international understanding. The Bangkok Post. Google Scholar