Questioning Caregivers About Pediatric High Blood Pressure
Children caregivers must know the pediatric high blood pressure existence, the consequences associated with it, the risk factors and it’s prevention. In [12, 13] can be found a statistical data analysis using a simpler questionnaire introduced in  under the aim of a preliminary study about pediatric arterial hypertension caregivers acquaintance. The present article presents a preliminary analysis of a questionnaire applied to children caregivers and filled online. The questionnaire structure consists in 15 questions which were built under the aim of easy and quick answer. We have developed multivariate techniques to get models with enough explication of the data.
KeywordsPediatric hypertension Caregiver Questionnaire Statistical approach Factorial analysis
This work was supported by Portuguese funds through the Center for Computational and Stochastic Mathematics (CEMAT), The Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT), University of Lisbon, Portugal, project UID/Multi-/04621/2013, and Center of Naval Research (CINAV), Naval Academy, Portuguese Navy, Portugal.
- 2.Bassareo, P.P., Mercuro, G.: Pediatric hypertension: an update on a burning problem. World J. Cardiol. 6(5), 253–259 (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Child, D.: The Essentials of Factor Analysis. Continuum International Publishing Group, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Costa, J.R.B.: Hipertensão arterial em idade pediátrica: que conhecimento têm os prestadores de cuidados sobre esta patologia? Master thesis, Medical Faculty, Lisbon University (2005). (In portuguese)Google Scholar
- 9.Marôco, J.: Análise Estatística com o SPSS Statistics. Report Number, Pêro Pinheiro (2014). ISBN: 9789899676343Google Scholar
- 10.National High Blood Pressure Education Program Working Group on High Blood Pressure in Children, Adolescents: The fourth report on the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment oh high blood pressure in children and adolescents. Pediatrics 114, 555–576 (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Tamhane, A.C., Dunlop, D.D.: Statistics and Data Analysis: From Elementary to Intermediate. Prentice Hall, New Jersey (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.Teodoro, M.F., Simão, C.: Completing the analysis of a questionnaire about pediatric blood pressure. Trans. Biol. Biomed. World Sci. Eng. Acad. Soc. 14, 56–64 (2017)Google Scholar
- 14.Teodoro, M.F., Romana, A., Simão, C.: An issue of literacy on pediatric hypertension. In: Simos, T. et al. (eds.) Computational Methods in Science and Engineering, AIP Conference Proceedings (to appear)Google Scholar