Service Area Scheduling in a Drone Assisted Network
We consider a wireless network using a drone as a sink node collecting data from sensor nodes is considered. Since a drone is expected to cover the large area, the scheduling of the service area is essential. In this paper, we propose an optimal service area scheduling for a drone network. The service area is divided into sections and the effect of such scheduling is analyzed. Simulation results show that our optimization algorithm can find the optimal scheduling policy to maximize the network throughput.
KeywordsDrone network Service area scheulding Optimization
This work was supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant funded by the Korean government(MSIP) (2015R1A2A2A01004067) and Basic Science Research Program through NRF of Korea, funded by MOE(NRF-2010-0020210).
- 1.Drones: What are they and how do they work? http://www.bbc.com/news/world-south-asia-10713898
- 2.A Field Guide to Civilian Drones. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/technology/guide-to-civilian-drones.html?_r=0
- 3.Mozaffari, M., Saad, W., Bennis, M., Debbah, M.: Drone small cells in the clouds: design, deployment and performance analysis. In: IEEE GLOBECOM (2015). doi: 10.1109/GLOCOM.2015.7417609
- 4.Rahman, A.: Enabling drone communications with WiMAX technology. In: International Conference of Information, Intelligence, Systems and Applications (IISA) (2014). doi: 10.1109/IISA.2014.6878796
- 5.Li, X., Guo, D., Yin, H., Wei, G.: Drone-assisted public safety wireless broadband network. In: IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), pp. 323–328 (2015). doi: 10.1109/WCNCW.2015.7122575