Algorithmic Tumult and the Brilliance of Chelsea Manning
Thanks to Nikita Mazurov and Luciana Parisi for their help.
- Beecher Stowe, Harriet. 1999. Uncle Tom’s cabin. Knoxville: Wordsworth Classics.Google Scholar
- Calvino, Italo. 2003. American diary 1959–60. In Hermit in Paris. Trans. M. McLaughlin, 16-120. London: Penguin.Google Scholar
- Chelsea Manning Support Network. 2014. http://www.chelseamanning.org/. Accessed 15 June 2015.
- Coleman, E. Gabriella. 2013. Coding freedom, the ethics and aesthetics of hacking. Princeton: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- Einstein, Elizabeth. 1979. The printing press as an agent of change. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Fazi, M. Beatrice, and Fuller, Matthew. In press. Computational aesthetics. In A Companion to digital art, eds. Christiane Paul. Oxford: Blackwell.Google Scholar
- Fuller, Matthew, and Andrew Goffey. 2012. Evil media. Cambridge: MIT Press.Google Scholar
- Gaboury, Jacob. 2013. A queer history of computing. Rhizome. http://rhizome.org/editorial/2013/feb/19/queer-computing-1/. Accessed 15 June 2015.
- Goriunova, Olga. 2013. Die Kraft der Digitalen Ästhetik, uber meme, hacking und individuation. Zeitschrift fur Medienwissenschaft 8: 70–87.Google Scholar
- Kay, Alan, and Adele Goldberg. 2003. Personal dynamic media. In The New Media Reader, eds. Noah Wardrip-Fruin, and Nick Montford, 93–404. Cambridge: MIT Press.Google Scholar
- Kurzweil, Ray. 2005. The singularity is near, when humans transcend biology. New York: Viking.Google Scholar
- Li, Yue, Lidong Zhai, Zhilei Wang, and Yunlong Ren. 2013. Control method of Twitter- and SMS-based mobile botnet. In Trustworthy computing and services: International conference, ISCTCS 2012, Beijing, China, May 28-June 2, 2012, Revised Selected Papers, eds. Xu. Wu Yuyu Yuan, and Yueming Lu, 644–650. Heidelberg: Springer.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Mendez, Juan. 2012. Report of the Special Rapporteur on torture, and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment, Addendum, observations on communications transmitted to governments and replies received, United Nations General Assembly, 74–75.Google Scholar
- Northup, Solomon. 2014. Twelve years a slave. London: Penguin.Google Scholar
- Parisi, Luciana. 2013. Contagious architecture, computation, aesthetics and space. Cambridge: MIT Press.Google Scholar
- Statement in Support of Providence Inquiry – US vs Private First Class (PFC) Bradley E. Manning (U). 29 January 2013. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_zC44SBaZPoQmJUYURBUnBycUk/edit?pli=1. Accessed 15 Jun 2015.
- Stone-Gross, Brett, Thorsten Holz, Gianluca Stringhini, and Giovanni Vigna. 2011. The underground economy of spam: A botmaster’s perspective of coordinating large-scale spam campaigns. In LEET’11 Proceedings of the 4th USENIX Conference on large-scale exploits and emergent threats. Berkley: USENIX Association.Google Scholar
- Terranova, Tiziana. 2014. Debt and autonomy: Lazzarato and the constituent powers of the social, The New Reader 1, http://thenewreader.org/Issues/1/DebtAndAutonomy. Accessed 15 June 2015.
- Watkins, Ali, Jonathan S. Landay, and Marisa Taylor. 2014. CIA’s use of harsh interrogation went beyond legal authority. Senate report says, McClatchyDC, 11 April. http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/04/11/224085/cias-use-of-harsh-interrogation.html#storylink=cpy/. Accessed 15 Jun 2015.
- Welch, Peter. 2014. Programming sucks. In Still Drinking, http://www.stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks. 27th April. Accessed 15 Jun 2015.
- Woolf, Virginia. 2004. The waves. London: Vintage.Google Scholar
© Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018