Influence of Subgrade Differential Settlement on Riding Performance of High-Speed Train
The differential settlement of subgrade may accelerate degradation of tracks, lower passenger comfort and increase derailment risk of trains, especially in high-speed railway. In this paper, a dynamic analysis model for train-ballasted track-subgrade system is established to study the effect of different settlement profiles in a deeper insight, in which the subgrade settlement is simulated by Gaussian function profiles with different amplitudes and longitudinal lengths. In the case study, the dynamic responses of train vehicles and track structure subjected to 100 kinds of differential settlements of subgrade are calculated with the CRH2 high-speed train at different speeds. Results show that the performance indicators of running trains increase obviously with the train speed; the accelerations of the passenger car-bodies increase not only with the amplitude of the settlement, but also depend on the length of the track deformation; the shorter is the longitudinal length of settlement, the bigger the derailment risk is; the greater is the amplitudes of subgrade differential settlement, the bigger the probability of poor passenger comfort and risk of derailment are.
Authors wishing to acknowledge assistance or encouragement from colleagues, special work by technical staff or financial support from the Major State Basic Research Development Program of China (‘‘973’’ Program: 2013CB036203).
- Abadi, T., et al.: A review and evaluation of ballast settlement models using results from the Southampton Railway Testing Facility (SRTF). Adv. Transp. Geotech. 143, 999–1006 (2016). The 3rd International Conference on Transportation Geotechnics (ICTG 2016)Google Scholar
- Dahlberg, T.: Some railroad settlement models: a critical review. J. Rail Rapid Transit F4, 215–289 (2001)Google Scholar
- Liu, R.B., Zhang, S.J.: The impact of uneven settlement of embankment to slab track. Subgrade Eng. 1, 142–143 (2009)Google Scholar
- Lysmer, J., Kuhlemeyer, R.L.: Finite dynamic model for infinite media. J. Eng. Mech. Div. 95, 859–878 (1969)Google Scholar
- Song, H.P., et al.: Correlation between subgrade settlement of high-speed railroad and train operation speed. J. Vib. Shock 31(10), 134–140 (2012)Google Scholar
- TB10621: Code for Design of High Speed Railway. Chinese Railway Press, Beijing (2014)Google Scholar
- Wang, B.L.: Subgrade Engineering of High Speed Railway. Chinese Railway Press, Beijing (2007)Google Scholar
- Xu, Q.Y., et al.: Study on the limited value for the uneven settlement of subgrade under CRTS–I type slab track. China Railw. Sci. 33(2), 1–6 (2012)Google Scholar
- Zou, C.H., et al.: Model test study of influence of differential subgrade settlement on ballasted track settlement. J. Tongji Univ. (Nat. Sci.) 39(6), 862–869 (2011)Google Scholar