Introduction: Innovative Spaces for Mathematics Education with Technology
The idea of this book arose from research encounters occurred during a past ICTMT Conference: the International Conference on Technology in Mathematics Teaching. The ICTMT Conference, which is now moving to its 13th edition, has a strong commitment to promote technology in mathematics education for improving the quality of teaching and learning by effective use of technology. In recent years, international research in mathematics education has offered a range of theoretical perspectives that attempted to provide different and interrelated frames and viewpoints to the study of use and role of digital technologies in/for teaching and learning mathematics.
- Attard, C., & Curry, C. (2012). Exploring the use of iPads to engage young students with mathematics. In J. Dindyal, L. Cheng, & S. Ng (Eds.), Proceedings of the 35th Annual Conference of the Mathematics Education Research Group of Australasia (pp. 75–82). Singapore: MERGA.Google Scholar
- Clark-Wilson, A., Robutti, O., & Sinclair, N. (Eds.). (2013). The mathematics teacher in the digital era: An international perspective on technology focused professional development. Dordrecht: Springer.Google Scholar
- Drijvers, P., Kieran, C., & Mariotti, M. A. (2010). Integrating technology into mathematics education: Theoretical perspectives. In C. Hoyles & J.-B. Lagrange (Eds.), Mathematics education and technology—Rethinking the terrain: The 17th ICMI Study (pp. 89–132). New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- Hegedus, S., & Tall, D. (2016). Foundations for the future: The potential of multimodal technologies for learning mathematics. In L. D. English & D. Kirshner (Eds.), Handbook of international research in mathematics education (3rd ed., pp. 543–562). New York: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Lange, T., & Meaney, T. (2013). iPads and mathematical play: A new kind of sandpit for young children. In B. Ubuz, Ç. Haser, & M. A. Mariotti (Eds.), Proceedings of the Eight Congress of the European Society for Research in Mathematics Education (pp. 2138–2147). Ankara, Turkey: Middle East Technical University.Google Scholar
- Santi, G., & Baccaglini-Frank, A. (2015). Forms of generalization in students experiencing mathematical learning difficulties. PNA, 9(3), 217–243.Google Scholar