This book has seven chapters. This chapter sets out the key definitions explored in the research, such as institutions, power and co-management. It provides an overview of current debates in fisheries governance and co-management arrangements, and then it discusses the focus and structure of the book.
- Babbie, Earl. 2004. The Practice of Social Research. 10th ed. Belmont, CA: Thomson/Wadsworth.Google Scholar
- Berg, Bruce L. 2009. Qualitative Research Methods for the Social Sciences. Boston, MA: Allyn & Bacon.Google Scholar
- Bryman, Alan. 2004. Social Research Method. 2nd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Davis, Anthony, and Svein Jentoft. 2003. The Challenge and the Promise of Indigenous People’s Fishing Rights: From Dependency to Agency. In Indigenous Peoples: Resource Management and Global Rights, ed. Svein Jentoft, Henry Minde, and Ragnar Nilsen. Delft: Eburon Academic Publishers.Google Scholar
- Delgado Christopher L., Nikolas Wada, Mark W. Rosegrant, Siet Meijer, and Mahfuzuddin Ahmed. 2003. Outlook for Fish to 2020. Meeting Global Demand. http://www.ifpri.org/sites/default/files/pubs/pubs/fpr/pr15.pdf. Accessed 5 May 2013.
- Government of Thua Thien Hue Province. 2004. Decision No. 3677/QD-UB on Approval of the Overall Planning for the Management and Exploitation of Fishery Resources on the Lagoon System of Thua Thien Hue Province up to 2010.Google Scholar
- Jentoft, Svein, and Knut H. Mikalsen. 2014. Do National Resources Have to Be Centrally Managed? Vested Interests and Institutional Reform in Norwegian Fisheries Governance. Maritime Studies 13 (5): 1–16.Google Scholar
- Jessop, Bob. 2002. Governance and Meta-Governance. http://www.ceses.cuni.cz/CESES-136-version1-3B_Governance_requisite_variety_Jessop_2002.pdf. Accessed 25 July 2012.
- Kolding, J., C. Béné, and M. Bavinck. 2014. Small-scale Fisheries: Importance, Vulnerability and Deficient Knowledge. In Governance of Marine Fisheries and Biodiversity Conservation: Interaction and Coevolution, ed. Serge M. Garcia, Jake Rice, and Anthony Charles. Online Book.Google Scholar
- Pomeroy, Robert S. 2001. Devolution and Fisheries Co-management. In Collective Action, Property Rights and Devolution of Natural Resource: Exchange of Knowledge and Implication for Policy, ed. R. Meinzen-Dick, A. Knox, and Di Gregorio. Feldafing, Germany: M. DSE/GTZ. http://rmportal.net/library/content/frame/devolution-pomeroy.pdf/view. Accessed 1 July 2014.Google Scholar
- Pomeroy, Robert S., and Patrick McConney. 2007. Conditions for Successful Fisheries Co-management in the Wider Caribbean. http://aquaticcommons.org/12953/1/gcfi_58-8.pdf. Accessed 5 May 2013.
- Pomeroy, R.S., and R. Rivera-Guieb. 2006. Fisheries Co-management: A Practical Handbook. Cambridge: International Development Research Center.Google Scholar
- Sarantakos, Sotirios. 2005. Social Research. 3rd ed. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Skocpol, T. 1985. Bringing the State Back In: Strategies of Analysis in Current Research. In Bringing the State Back In, ed. P.B. Evans, D. Rueschemeyer, and T. Skocpol. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Takahashi, Baku, and Arie Pieter van Duijn. 2012. Operationalizing Fisheries Co-management. Lessons Learned from Lagoon Fisheries Co-management in Thua Thien Hue Province, Viet Nam. http://www.fao.org/documents/card/en/c/ec606ec4-de5a-5f75-aa6a-a8cf89860104/. Accessed 21 May 2014.
- Uchida, Hirotsugu. 2010. Community-based Management for Sustainable Fishery: Lessons from Japan. http://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/docserver/download/5309071ec013.pdf?expires=1413261137&id=id&accname=ocid177546&checksum=A0F2C8B8D39FDA9D0178E3DBA174D4C9. Accessed 5 Sept 2012.
- Watson, R., and D. Pauly. 2001. Systematic Distortions in World Fisheries Catch Trends. http://data.fisheries.ubc.ca/references/pdfs/Nature-RegDaniel-11-01.pdf. Accessed 9 Apr 2014.