Robotic Applications in Virtual Environments for Children with Autism
In this paper, it proposes the development of a virtual reality system that works simultaneously with the physical environment, by creating an atmosphere that stimulates the abilities of children with autism spectrum disorder. This system is implemented through a human - machine interface, which has the possibility to simulate and work with functions focused on rehabilitation, so the patient will be involved in assisted therapies based on DSM - 5 protocols. Therefore, multiple environments and applications are presented for the interaction with the physical media to increase the stimulus of the affected one. The results of the application are presented to validate the project using the information collected through the interaction between the developer, therapist and patient.
Palabras ClavesVisión artificial Entorno virtual Simulación Autismo Humanoide Avatar
- 2.Robinson, P.: A Review of Autism Spectrum Disorder, March 2012Google Scholar
- 3.Ennis-Cole, D.L.: Technology for Learners with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Springer, Berlin (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Pauta-Pintado, J., Lima-Juma, D., Gal, J.: An intelligent system based on ontologies and ICT tools to support the diagnosis and intervention of children with autism, p. 5 (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Sula, A.: Using Assistive Technologies in Autism Care Centers to Support Children Develop Communication and Language Skills. A Case Study: Albania, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 203–212 (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Strickland, D.: Virtual reality for the treatment of autism. Stud. Health Technol. Inform. 44, 81–86 (1997)Google Scholar