Cellular Automata-Based Image Sequence Denoising Algorithm for Signal Dependent Noise
This work deals with the problem of denoising sequences of multi-dimensional images that are corrupted by different types of noise. The denoising is performed through a cellular automata based filtering structure (4DCAF) that jointly considers spectral, spatial and temporal information by means of a three-dimensional neighborhood when each pixel of the sequence is processed. The novelty of the proposed method is its capacity to contemplate information concerning the type of noise by using as training data specific image sequences to tune the algorithm. The 4DCAF structures outperform selected state-of-the-art algorithms on both single band and multi-dimensional image sequences corrupted by different sources of noise.
KeywordsCellular automata Signal dependent noise Spatio-spectro-temporal denoising Hyperspectral denoising
This work has been partially funded by the MINECO of Spain as well as by the Xunta de Galicia and the European Regional Development Funds through grants TIN2015-63646-C5-1-R and redTEIC network (ED341D R2016/012).
- 2.Buades, A., Coll, B., Morel, J.M.: A non-local algorithm for image denoising. In: 2005 IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, vol. 2, pp. 60–65. IEEE (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Dabov, K., Foi, A., Egiazarian, K.: Video denoising by sparse 3D transform-domain collaborative filtering. In: Proceedings of the 15th European Signal Processing Conference, vol. 1, p. 7 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Dabov, K., Foi, A., Katkovnik, V., Egiazarian, K.: Image denoising with block-matching and 3D filtering. In: Electronic Imaging 2006, p. 606414. International Society for Optics and Photonics (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Lam, A., Sato, I., Sato, Y.: Denoising hyperspectral images using spectral domain statistics. In: 2012 21st International Conference on Pattern Recognition, pp. 477–480. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Peng, Y., Meng, D., Xu, Z., Gao, C., Yang, Y., Zhang, B.: Decomposable nonlocal tensor dictionary learning for multispectral image denoising. In: 2014 IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 2949–2956. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.Priego, B., Veganzones, M.A., Chanussot, J., Amiot, C., Prieto, A., Duro, R.J.: Spatio-temporal cellular automata-based filtering for image sequence denoising: application to fluoroscopic sequences. In: 2013 20th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, pp. 548–552. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar