Preparation for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation
Transcatheter aortic valve implantation is a complex procedure, which incoporate many preparatory steps before prosthesis deployment. These include finding the optimal fluoroscopic working projection, crossing the aortic valve, placing the stiff wire into the left ventricle, and performing the balloon aortic valvuloplasty. This chaper will go through all these steps.
- 3.Nolker G, Asbach S, Gutleben KJ, Rittger H, Ritscher G, Brachmann J, Sinha AM. Image-integration of intraprocedural rotational angiography-based 3D reconstructions of left atrium and pulmonary veins into electroanatomical mapping: accuracy of a novel modality in atrial fibrillation ablation. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2010;21:278–83.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 6.Samin M, Stella P, Agostoni P, Kluin J, Ramjankhan F, Budde R, Sieswerda G, Algeri E, van Belle C, Elkalioubie A, Juthier F, Belkacemi A, Bertrand M, Doevendans P, van Belle E. Automated 3D analysis of pre-procedural MDCT to predict annulus plane angulation and C-arm positioning: benefit on procedural outcome in patients referred for TAVR. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2013;6:238–48.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Immè S, Attizzani GF, Sgroi C, et al. Pre-defining optimal C-arm position for TAVI with CT-scan using free software. Euro Intervention. 2013;9(7):878–9.Google Scholar
- 13.Ussia GP, Capodanno D, Barbanti M, et al. Balloon aortic valvuloplasty for severe aortic stenosis as a bridge to high-risk transcatheter aortic valve implantation. J Invasive Cardiol. 2010;22:394–9.Google Scholar
- 18.Baim DS. Grossman’s cardiac catheterization, angiography and intervention. 7th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilnkins; 2006.Google Scholar
- 21.Barbanti M, Sgroi C, Immè S, et al. Usefulness of contrast injection during balloon aortic valvuloplasty before transcatheter aortic valve replacement: a pilot study. Eurointervention. 2014;10:241–7.Google Scholar
- 22.Barbanti M, Capranzano P, Ohno Y, et al. Early discharge after transfemoral transcatheter aortic valve implantation. Heart. 2015;101:1485–90.Google Scholar
- 23.Barbanti M, Todaro D, Costa G, et al. Optimized screening of coronary artery disease with invasive coronary angiography and ad hoc percutaneous coronary intervention during transcatheter aortic valve replacement. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2017;10(8). pii: e005234. doi: 10.1161/CIRCINTERVENTIONS.117.005234.