Modeling Exchange Agreements with DEMO/PSI and Core Component of Communication
Intervac Home Exchange is an international club, created in 1953, where members exchange their house during a limited period without money transfers between them. Both parties negotiate and establish an exchange agreement with specific terms of the exchange. This club requested our collaboration to improve their existing online exchange agreement, as it doesn’t fully satisfy their members. We show that it is hard to model this kind of exchange agreement with existing state of the art in enterprise engineering modeling methods (DEMO/PSI). We propose the usage of Core Component of Communication (CCC), which is an evolution of the existing DEMO/PSI theory done by the authors. We show how CCC can be applied to this real-life organization and better solve the challenges posed by this kind of agreements. Analytical evaluation is performed to compare both approaches.
KeywordsDEMO PSI theory Exchange agreement Core component of communication
This work was partially funded by FCT/MCTES LARSyS (UID/EEA/50009/2013 (2015–2017))
Open image in new window This work was developed with financial support from ARDITI (Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação), in the context of project M14-20 09–5369-FSE-000001- Bolsa de Doutoramento.
- 1.Searle, J.R.: Speech Acts: An Essay in the Philosophy of Language, vol. 626. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1969)Google Scholar
- 2.http://intervac-homeexchange.com. Accessed 4 Dec 2016
- 3.http://en.intervac-homeexchange.com/facts-about-intervac. Accessed 4 Dec 2016
- 5.Botsman, R., Rogers, R.: What’s Mine is Yours: How Collaborative Consumption is Changing the Way We Live. Collins, London (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Botsman, R.: The sharing economy lacks a shared definition. Fast Company (2013). http://www.fastcoexist.com/3022028/the-sharing-economy-lacks-a-shared-definition/1. Accessed 4 Dec 2016
- 7.Dietz, J.L.G.: Enterprise Ontology – Theory and Methodology. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Gouveia, D., Aveiro, D.: Core Component of Communication. CIAO DC (2016). https://www.researchgate.net/publication/308622176_Core_Component_of_Communication
- 16.Medina-Mora, R., Winograd, T., Flores, R., Flores, F.: The action workflow approach to workflow management technology. In: Proceedings of the 1992 ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work, pp. 281–288. ACM, December 1992Google Scholar
- 18.Dietz, J.L.G.: DEMO-3 Way of Working (2009)Google Scholar