QoS Prediction Based on Context-QoS Association Mining
Both the functional properties and the non-functional properties (known as quality of service, QoS) should be considered when recommending services. In mobile environment, the services are referred to under different contexts. Context-aware collaborative filtering is often employed to predict the QoS of candidate services when a user submits a service request. Existing collaborative filtering based methods seldom analyze the actual impact of each context property on the QoS properties in context-similarity mining. To address the problem, we propose a QoS prediction method based on the context-QoS association mining in this paper. The method is composed of two steps. We firstly propose an algorithm to mine the association between the context and the QoS properties. Then, a QoS prediction approach is proposed by taking the association and the context similarity into consideration. To study the effectiveness of our approach, we experiment on real world dataset. Experimental results show that our proposed method can improve the accuracy of QoS prediction.
KeywordsWeb services Mobile service QoS Context
This work was supported by Science and Technology on Information Transmission and Dissemination in Communication Networks Laboratory. The research was supported by NSFC (61571066).
- 1.Ma, Y., Wang, S., Yang, F., Chang, R.N.: Predicting QoS values via multi-dimensional QoS data for web service recommendations. In: 2015 IEEE 22nd International Conference on Web Services, pp. 249–256 (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.Tao, C.H., Feng, Z.Y.: Novel QoS-aware web service recommendation model. Appl. Res. Comput. 27, 3898–3902 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Wu, X., Cheng, B., Chen, J.: Collaborative filtering service recommendation based on a novel similarity computation method. IEEE Trans. Serv. Comput. 5, 1–11 (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Xiao, H., Zou, Y., Ng, J., Nigul, L.: An approach for context-aware service discovery and recommendation. In: 2010 IEEE 17th International Conference on Web Services, pp. 163–170 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Liu, D., Meng, X.W., Chen, J.L.: A framework for context-aware service recommendation. In: 2008 IEEE 10th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, pp. 2131–2134 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Kuang, L., Xia, Y., Mao, Y.: Personalized services recommendation based on context-aware QoS prediction. In: 2012 IEEE 19th International Conference on Web Services, pp. 400–406 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Yu, C., Huang, L.: Time-aware collaborative filtering for QoS-based service recommendation. In: 2014 IEEE 21st International Conference on Web Services, pp. 265–272 (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Moraru, A., Fortuna, C., Fortuna, B., Slavescu, R.R.: A hybrid approach to QoS-aware web service classification and recommendation. In: 2009 IEEE 5th International Conference on Intelligent Computer Communication and Processing, pp. 343–346 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Dey, A.K.: Providing architectural support for building context-aware applications. Elementary Education, 25, pp. 106–111 (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.Tang, M., Jiang, Y., Liu, J., Liu, X.: Location-aware collaborative filtering for QoS-based service recommendation. In: 2012 IEEE 19th International Conference on Web Services, pp. 202–209 (2012)Google Scholar
- 14.Herlocker, J.L., Konstan, J.A., Borchers, A., Riedl, J.: An algorithmic framework for performing collaborative filtering. In: International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research & Development in Information Retrieval, pp. 230–237 (1999)Google Scholar
- 15.Jiang, Y., Liu, J., Tang, M., Liu, X.: An effective web service recommendation method based on personalized collaborative filtering. In: 2013 IEEE 20th International Conference on Web Services, pp. 211–218 (2013)Google Scholar