On a New Method of Dynamic Integration of Fuzzy Linear Regression Models
In the study the problem of ensemble regression with fuzzy linear regression (FLR) models is considered. For this case a novel method of integration is proposed in which first fuzzy responses of base FLR models are integrated and next the fuzzy response of a common model is defuzzified. Four different operators are defined for integration procedure. The performance of proposed integration methods of FLR base models on the soft level were compared against state-of-the-art integration method on the crisp level using computer generated datasets with linear, 2-order and 3-order models and different variances of Gaussian disturbances. As a criterion of method quality the root mean square error was applied. The results of computer experiments clearly show that in many cases proposed methods significant outperform the reference approach.
KeywordsFuzzy regression model Regression ensemble Integration method Fuzzy integration
- 3.Chatterjee, S., Simonoff, J.S.: Multiple Linear Regression, pp. 1–21. Wiley, New York (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Merz, C.J.: Classification and Regression by Combining Models. Ph.D. thesis (1998). aAI9821450Google Scholar
- 9.Perrone, M.P., Cooper, L.N.: When networks disagree: ensemble methods for hybrid neural networks. Technical report, DTIC Document (1992)Google Scholar
- 10.Perrone, M.P.: Improving regression estimation: averaging methods for variance reduction with extensions to general convex measure optimization (1993)Google Scholar
- 15.Zimmermann, H.: Fuzzy Set Theory and Its Applications, 4th edn. Wiley-Interscience, New York (2005)Google Scholar