Hob Mill Profiling Method for Generation of Timing Belt Pulley
- 824 Downloads
In this paper is proposed an algorithm based on the complementary method of surface en wrapping the method of generating relative trajectories for profiling hob mill designed for machining of timing belt pulleys, with circle frontal profile. A profiling algorithm for hob mill is proposed. The algorithm is developed in analytical form and is compared with a graphical method developed in CATIA design environment for a real example. The algorithm starts with analytical equations determination of profile to be generated. For this profile is determined the family of trajectories described in the relative motion between tool and blank. The family of normal’s to these trajectories is determined and is selected the normal which pass through the gearing pole. The point corresponding to this normal belongs to the characteristic curve, so it will belong to the tool’s surface too. In this way, the profile of intermediary surface is determined. The intermediary surface is an auxiliary surface which represents the surface of rack gear tool generating the desired profile. Consequently, knowing the form of the generating rack gear, the profile of hob mill is determined. For this, a helical motion is applied to the rack gear’s profile. The axial form of hob mill is presented as base for generation of this tool’s type.
KeywordsHob mill profiling CATIA Timing belt pulley Machining technology
This work was supported by a grant of the Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research and Innovation, CNCS—UEFISCDI, project number PN-II-RU-TE-2014-4-0031.
- 1.Oancea N (2004) Generareasuprafeţelorprinînfăşurare (Surfacesgeneration bywinding), vol I–III. Galati University Press, Galati, ISBN 973-627-170-4, ISBN 973-627-107-2 (vol I), ISBN 973-627-176-6 (vol II), ISBN 973-627-239-7 (vol III)Google Scholar
- 2.Li G, Sun J, Li J (2014) Modeling and analysis for clearance machining process of end mills. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 75:67–675. doi: 10.1007/s00170-014-6154-3
- 3.Teodor V, Frumuşanu G, Oancea N, Berbinschi S (2015) Analytical method to profile the hob mill generating an ordinate whirl of surfaces with non-involute profile. Proc Manuf Syst 10(2):71–76Google Scholar
- 6.Stosic N et al (2011) Geometry of screw compressor rotors and their tools. J Zhejiang Univ Sci A (Appl Phys Eng) 12(4):310–326Google Scholar
- 8.Berbinschi S, Teodor V, Oancea N (2012) 3D graphical method for profiling tools that generate helical surfaces. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 60:505–512. doi: 10.1007/s00170-011-3637-3
- 9.Berbinschi S, Teodor V, Oancea N (2012) 3D graphical method for profiling gear hob tools. Int J Adv Manuf Technol. doi: 10.1007/s00170-12-3989-3
- 11.Baroiu N, Teodor V, Oancea N (2015) A newform of plane trajectories theorem. Generation with rotary cutters. Bulletin of Polytechnic Institute of Iassy, Tome LXI (LXV), Machine Construction, pp 27–36. ISBN 1011-2855Google Scholar