MCA-Based Community Detection
In this work, we propose a new approach for consensus community detection based on MCA. The advantage of this approach is synthetizing the information coming from different methods and secondarily to obtain for each node relevant evidence about their different classification on more communities. This result can be important because the position of the single node can be interpreted differently from the other nodes on the community. In this way, it is possible to identify also different roles of the communities inside the network. The approach is presented and is shown by considering simulated networks and, at the same, time by considering some real cases of networks. In particular, we consider the real network related to the Zachary Karate Club.
KeywordsSocial network analysis Community detection Consensus community detection Communities Multiple correspondence analysis
I would like to thank Professor Carlo Lauro for the valuable discussion and comments. Any remaining errors are mine.
- 4.Csardi, G., Nepusz, T.: The Igraph software package for complex network research. Int. J. Complex Syst. 1695. http://igraph.org (2006)
- 5.Drago, C., Balzanella, A.: Nonmetric MDS consensus community detection. In: Morlini I., Minerva T., Vichi M. (eds.) Advances in Statistical Models for Data Analysis, pp. 97–105. Springer, Berlin (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Drago, C., Cucco, I.: Robust communities detection in joint-patent application networks. https://works.bepress.com/carlo_drago/95/ (2013)
- 13.Leskovec, J., Lang, K.J., Mahoney, M.: Empirical comparison of algorithms for network community detection. In: Proceedings of the 19th international Conference on World Wide Web, ACM, pp. 632–640 (2010)Google Scholar
- 17.Yang, Z., Algesheimer, R., Tessone, C.J.: A Comparative analysis of community detection algorithms on artificial networks. Sci. Rep. 6, 30750, EP (2016)Google Scholar