Efficient Implementation of Hybrid Encryption from Coding Theory
- 691 Downloads
In this work we present an efficient implementation of the Hybrid Encryption scheme based on the Niederreiter PCKS proposed by E. Persichetti.
To achieve IND-CCA2 security (in the random oracle model), we use an HMAC function of the message and the symmetric key, and then apply AES128-CBC as the data encapsulation part of this hybrid scheme. The HMAC function is based on SHA3-512. In addition, we introduce a modification in the decapsulation algorithm, to resist a reaction attack first proposed by Bernstein et al.
The implementation is done in C on Intel core i3 CPU and 4 GB RAM and 64 bit OS. The code is running Debian/Linux 3.5.2, where the source has been compiled with gcc 4.7.
KeywordsKEM-DEM Niederreiter PKCS Code-based cryptography Random oracle
This work was carried out with financial support of CEA-MITIC for CBC projet and financial support from the government of Senegal’s Ministry of Hight Education and Research for ISPQ Project.
- 2.Bernstein, D.J., Chuengsatiansup, C., Lange, T., van Vredendaal, C.: NTRU prime (2016). http://eprint.iacr.org/2016/461
- 3.Cramer, R., Shoup, V.: Design and analysis of practical public-key encryption schemes secure against adaptive chosen ciphertext attack. SIAM J. Comput.33, 167–226 (2004). Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, PhiladelphiaGoogle Scholar
- 4.Alrashdan, M.T., Moghaddam, F.F., Karimi, O.: A hybrid encryption algorithm based on RSA small-e and efficient-RSA for cloud computing environments. J. Adv. Comput. Netw. 1(3), 238–241 (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.McEliece, R.J.: A public-key cryptosystem based on algebraic coding theory. Jet Propulsion Laboratory DSN Progress Report 42–44, pp. 114–116 (1978)Google Scholar
- 6.Niederreiter, H.: Knapsack-type cryptosystems and algebraic coding theory. In: Problems of Control and Information Theory, vol. 15, pp. 159–166 (1986)Google Scholar
- 8.Shor, P.W.: Polynomial-time algorithms for prime factorization and discrete logarithms on a quantum computer. In: Proceedings of the 35th Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science (1994)Google Scholar
- 9.Turan, M.S., Barker, E.B., Burr, W.E., Chen, L.: Sp 800–132, Recommendation for password-based key derivation: Part 1: storage applications. National Institute of Standards & Technology, Gaithersburg (2010)Google Scholar