Methodological Toolset of Regional Authority Bodies’ Cluster Policy
The article represents the results of elaborating the methodological toolset of a region’s cluster policy. The analysis of the regional economy’s competitive advantages, the assessment of production intra and interregional links, infrastructures and R&D organizations, and the institutional characteristics of a region’s potential cluster companies serve as the methodological basics of the research.
Unlike the rest of existing methods of assessing the cluster potential, the approach of the current article allows defining the potential cluster’s primary content. The authors approbated the suggested methodology in Volgograd Oblast (in 2012–2014) and highlighted the enterprises, which can unite in a chemical cluster providing adequate regional authorities’ support.
KeywordsCluster policy Territorial management Regional development
- Council on Competitiveness, Monitor Company, Porter M (2001) Clusters of innovation: national report. WashingtonGoogle Scholar
- Ketels Ch (2004) European clusters. In: Structural change in Europe. 3: innovative city and business regions. Hagbarth, BollschweilGoogle Scholar
- Kleiner G, Kachalov R, Nagrudnaya N (2008) A cluster’s strategy synthesis, basing on a system- integration theory. Sci Educ Innov 7:9–39Google Scholar
- Petrova E, Kalinina A, Buyanova M (2015) Efficiency of public administration and economic growth in Russia: emperical analysis. Eur Res Stud J XVIII(4) Special Issue:73–86Google Scholar
- Porter ME (1990) The competitive advantage of nations. The Free Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Price V (1996) Cluster policy. Delo, Moscow, p 341Google Scholar
- Rabelotti R (1995) Recovery of a Mexican cluster: devaluation bonanza or collective efficiency? World Dev 27(9):1571–1585 (Villarreal Lizzarraga CL, 2006)Google Scholar