Impact of Risks on Stable and Safe Functioning of Transport and Logistics Cluster of the Transit Region
In regional commodity distribution systems, formed on the basis of transport and logistics clusters, business entities that are often united by the administrative decision of local authorities are in fact organizationally fragmented and therefore do not operate stably at a high risk of failure of the mission to service the transit material flow.
Therefore, it is considered to be of vital importance to look at the scientific research problem of uncertainty and risk in complex conditions of the influence of factors of external and internal environment affecting stable and steady operation of the transport and logistics clusters, their identification, classification, evaluation of their impact on the cluster and the commodity distribution system of the region in general and development of activities aimed at reducing negative consequences of risk events.
Using scientific methods of logic and system analysis, it has been found out that the risks of functioning of the transport and logistics cluster of the transit region are a complex economic phenomenon defined by the characteristics and peculiarities of the transit material flows going through the region.
The authors’ definition of the risk has been given, the risks of functioning of the transport and logistics cluster of the transit region have been identified and classified, allowing identifying the origin of their nature, to explore the economic substance, and identifying possible negative consequences, which allows us to develop appropriate measures for their leveling.
The synergistic nature of the influence of the risk groups on functioning of the transport and logistics cluster of the transit region has been revealed.
The algorithm of the risk impact on the execution of logistics processes in the supply chain has been defined and the consequences of this influence which are in a causal relationship with the environmental factors have been defined.
The scheme of risk management for the conditions of the transport and logistics cluster of the transit region has been developed according to their hierarchical structure.
The most important trends have been defined and the activities have been worked out to reduce the risk of functioning of the transport and logistics cluster of the transit region.
Using the method of sensitivity analysis, which encompasses a study of changes of the value of the analyzed indicator by changing the values of its constituent parameters in a given range, the risks for the logistics center of Voronezh Logistics company located on highway M-4 have been calculated, proving the theory of the structure and impact of risks on the activities of the transport and logistics cluster.
KeywordsTransit region Risks of the transport and logistics cluster
- All-Union State Standard R 51897-2002 “Risk management. Terms and definitions” [E-source]. http://www.ruscable.ru/doc/docgost/files/75435555311.pdf
- Ashai Z (2007) The transport and logistics cluster in the United Arab Emirates. Microeconomics of competitiveness, Group Project, May 2007, pp 1–32Google Scholar
- Borisova VV (2008) Logistics management in trans-regional commodities exchange. RSUE Publishers, Rostov-on-Don, 225 рGoogle Scholar
- Dolia VK (2011) Logistic centers in supply chains. In: Grigorak MY, Savchenko LV (eds) Problems of training professional logistics personnel under conditions of global competitive environment: 9th international theory-and-practice conference of October 27–28, 2011. Collected reports in 2 parts: Part 2. National Aviation University, Kiev, pp 75–86Google Scholar
- Gritsenko CI (2007) Strategy of transport and logistics clusters development of Ukraine. Mark Ukraine 2:56–60Google Scholar
- Groznik A (2010) Slovenian transport logistics cluster creation. E-logistics, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Economics, Kardeljeva ploscad 17 SI-1000 Ljubljana Slovenia, pp 375–384Google Scholar
- Hannanova RT (2011) Estimation and forecasting of the risks of industrial clusters during formation of a regional model of risk management. Thesis for PhD in economics, Kazan. [E-source]. http://www.dissercat.com/content/otsenka-i-prognozirovanie-riskov-otraslevykh-klasterov-v-protsesse-formirovaniya-regionalnoi
- Hasanov RH (2009) Synergistic effect of the cluster. Probl Mod Econ 3(31). [E-source]. http://www.m-economy.ru/art.php?nArtId=2784
- Kiryasov AS (2012) Formation of an efficient transport and logistics system of the regional level based on the concept of sustainable development. Bull Saratov State Tech Univ 4(68):299–303Google Scholar
- Makarov EI, Gamov AN (2014a) Examination of sustainability factors of a regional transport and logistics cluster. Logistics, No. 2Google Scholar
- Makarov EI, Gamov AN (2014b) Risk assessment of functioning of a transport and logistics cluster. Resources, information, provision, competition, No. 1Google Scholar
- Makarov EI, Gamov AN (2014c) Risks of operation of the transport and logistics cluster of a transit region. Logistics 3:48–52Google Scholar
- Makarov EI, Gamow AN (2013) Examination and classification of factors which provide sustainable functioning of a transport and logistics cluster formation. Economics and Entrepreneurship, No. 12, Part 3Google Scholar
- Makarov EI, Yaroslavtseva Y (2013) Formation of the transport and logistics system of a transit region. Palmarium Academic Publishing, Deutschland, p 200Google Scholar
- Menshenina IG, Kapustina LM (2008) Cluster generation in regional economics: monograph. Federal Education Agency, Ural State Economics University, Publishing House at Ural State Economics University, Yekaterinburg, p 154Google Scholar
- Mirotin LB, Nekrasov AG Stepanov PV, Tregubov PG (2013) Improving efficiency of freight transportation on the basis of creation of a sustainable transport and logistics system of a modular type for high-speed cargo processing and delivery. Logistics, No. 10Google Scholar
- Sheffi Y, Gray E (2009) Global competitiveness and regional growth. Logistics-intensive cluster, MIT, September 2009, pp 1–37Google Scholar
- Staszewska J (2010) Influence of cluster coherence on efficiency of logistic process. Logist Transp 10(1):73–78Google Scholar