Settlement System of Rural Areas: Trends and Spatial Aspects of Development
The article analyzes spatial development of territories of Volgograd Oblast and demographic tendencies and determines main problems of spatial development at the modern stage.
The stages of evaluation of territory’s spatial development are offered. One of the directions is creation of large centers far from the Oblast center and moving rural residents into large communities with provision of accommodation and jobs. The authors make a conclusion on a high role of territorial planning which combines natural and ecological, socio-economic, and spatial analysis and which is capable to view a network of settlements from the position of a perspective view of the desired future.
KeywordsSpatial development Territorial planning Rural settlement Basic frame of settlement Socio-economic development of territories Rural population’s quality of life Economically active population Regional development
- Belikova EV, Sirbu AN (2014) System of measures of increase of labor resources quality. Bus Educ Law Bull Volgograd Inst Bus (3):150–153 (Volgograd: PrinTerra Publ., 2014)Google Scholar
- Chernyavskaya EY (2014) Problems of reproduction of human resources in modern Russia. Bus Educ Law Bull Volgograd Inst Bus 3(28):186–191Google Scholar
- Federal law dated June 28, 2014, No. 172-FZ On strategic planning in the Russian Federation [E-source]. http://ivo.garant.ru/#/document/70684666:0. Accessed 29 Oct 2016
- Izyumova ОN, Berger YA (2015) Historical aspect of economic zoning of Russia. Baikal Res J 6(3):36Google Scholar
- Makarova NN, Chusov IA, Bestuzheva LI (2017) Territorial and economic system in context of sustainable development: environmental policy. Int Res Mag 3–2(57):87–93Google Scholar
- Mikhaylova ЕV, Karpova АА (2016) Spatial organization of settlement system in the region. Sci Methodol Electron J 15:2231–2235Google Scholar
- Mishchenko VV, Mishchenko IV (2011) Development of intra-regional rural space: methodological aspect. Issues State Munic Manage 4:43–49Google Scholar
- Zubova ОG, Mikhaylova ЕV (2015) Main directions of optimization of settlement system of rural population. Bull Altai State Agrarian Univ 7(129):153–158Google Scholar