Public-Private Partnership in Russia: Myths and Reality
Topicality Under the conditions of direct dependence on the level of socio-economic development of the state and on the character of political processes, public-private partnership in each specific situation is a mechanism for solving strategic and tactical tasks of the state and satisfaction of interests, as a specific form of interaction of state and business. Public-private partnership is not a new institute, as it has been present during all historical period of state’s development, but now it acquires special meaning. Public-private partnership is seen as a means for solving old economic problems, mechanism for production growth, a tool for management of groups’ interests, and an effective form of interaction of public authorities and business.
Purpose of the article The purpose of the article is to analyze peculiarities of the Russian practice of realization of public-private partnership relations.
Methods A leading method of study of this problem is the method of systemic analysis that allowed comparing the legal form and practice of realization of public-private partnership relation in modern Russia in order to determine the factors that influence development of corresponding relations.
Results Peculiarities of realization of the public-private partnership projects in Russia are determined, unbalances between legal form and practice of realization of norms on public-private partnership are determined, and the reasons leading to obstacles in development of public-private partnership are defined.
Significance of results The results of the research could be used in the process of legal and economic forecasting.
KeywordsState Partnership Relations Projects Interests Goals
- Andreeva ЕМ (2009) Social function of democratic state (constitutional and legal aspects). PhD thesis, Moscow, p 25Google Scholar
- Belitskaya АV (2011) Public-private partnership: notion, essence, and legal regulation. Moscow, p 170Google Scholar
- Kabashkin VА (2010) Public-private partnership: international experience and Russian perspectives. Moscow, p 350Google Scholar
- Korobov ЕS (2001) Social function of the state. PhD thesis, Thesis, p 26Google Scholar
- Lityagin NN (2012) Regarding certain aspects of public-private partnership. Russ Justice 7:6–7Google Scholar
- Matveeva М (2010) Modern state of public-private partnership in national programs of property insurance in Russia. Insur Right 4:53–62Google Scholar
- Novikov VS (2010) Public-private partnership as a mechanism of transformation of educational services sphere. Krasnodar, p 188Google Scholar
- Rodionova ОV (2006) Social function of the state: legal essence and problems of subjects of its conduct at the modern stage. State Law 8:98–100Google Scholar
- Romanets YV (2013) System of agreements in civil law in Russia. Moscow, p 250Google Scholar
- Tsarev D, Ivanyuk А (2009) Public-private partnership: legal aspect. Financial gazette, No. 17Google Scholar