Demographic Function of Modern Russian State: Issues of Goal-Setting
Topicality Topicality of the problem is predetermined by the fact that demographic problem is one of the most urgent problems in modern states. Having different forms, it influences socio-economic development of the society, as well as political and even cultural processes. The search for means and methods of solving the demographic problem is the most important direction of the policy of modern states.
Purpose The purpose of the article is to develop the principles of determination of hierarchy of state’s activities in demographic and social spheres on the basis of analysis of legal positions of courts.
Methods The leading method that lies in the basis of solving the problem is the method of judicial practice analysis, which allows—on the basis of systemic treatment of legal positions of higher courts—concluding on the main directions of development of law-enforcement activity, as well as peculiarities of normative and legal regulation in specific public relations.
Results The reasons that cause low level of effectiveness of state demographic policy and conflict between the purposes and results of realization of specific measures of state policy are determined. The causal connection between the goals, means of demographic and social policy of the state, and the sphere of realization of social subjects’ interests is determined.
Significance of the results The results of the research could be used in theoretical studies devoted to analysis of content and essence of demographic function of the state, as well as activities of state bodies during formation of program acts that determine the main directions of demographic policy of modern Russia, as well as for creation of methodology of evaluation of effectiveness of social policy measures.
KeywordsPolicy Judicial practice Legal positions Goals Demographic function Social function State Norms Social rights
- Argunova LG, Shalashnikova VY, Tsobekhiya GS (2016b) Territory and boundaries of the Russian Federation as a factor of development of Russian state. Moscow, p 155Google Scholar
- Bolgova VV (2004) Principle of equality in public and private law: theoretical problems. Samara, p 268Google Scholar
- Bolgova VV, Zherebtsova EE (2014) Practice of the constitutional court of the RF and formation of public interest in the sphere of ecological safety. Fundam Res 8-2:515–519Google Scholar
- Gorshkov VА, Sokolov VА (2016) Evaluation of effectiveness of maternity capital in the growth of birth rate [E-source]. http://demographia.net/ocenka-effektivnosti-materinskogo-kapitala-v-povyshenii-rozhdaemosti#1
- Korolenko АV (2014) Main features of modern demographic crisis in Russia and ways of overcoming it. Probl Territ Dev 2(70):79–94Google Scholar
- Nikulina YА (2011) Demographic function of the state: content, forms, and methods of conduct (theoretical and legal aspects). Bulletin of St. Petersburg University of the MIA of the RF, No. 3, pp 226–231Google Scholar