Customary and Legal Notions of Punishment of the Peoples of Nether-Polar Urals with Traditional Mode of Life
Topicality. Topicality of the studied problem is pre-determined by the fact that more than forty indigenous small peoples of the North, Siberia, and the Far East live in Russia; they continue to live according to long traditional notions of the surrounding world and interrelations between people, including in the system of punishment.
Purpose of the article. The purpose of the article consists in studying the traditional notions of indigenous peoples of Russian on punishment and their regulating potential for stabilization of ethnic and social processes in corresponding regions of the country.
Methodological foundation of the work consists of cognitive, systemic and determining methodological approach that required the use of a complex of general scientific, private scientific, and special methods of cognition.
The article opens a comprehensive and many-sided traditional system of punishment of indigenous peoples of Russia and shows different regulating points of the punishment of system of the above peoples.
Practical significance. Materials of the article pose practical significance for scholars who study traditional model of life of indigenous people and for representatives of legal bodies which conduct their activities in the regions of residence of these peoples.
KeywordsIndigenous peoples Punishment Traditions Customs
- Arutyunov SА (1989) Peoples and cultures: development and interconnection. Moscow, 62 pGoogle Scholar
- Bocharova N (2012) Solving the conflicts in Russia: at the edge of formal procedures. Civil process in inter-cultural dialog: Eurasian context. World conference of the International Association of Legal Practice, 18–21 Sept 2012, Мoscow, 93 pGoogle Scholar
- Butovskaya ML (2004) Evolution of mechanisms of reconciliation with primates and human. In: Butovskaya ML (ed) Ethology of human and adjacent disciplines. Modern methods of research. Institute of Ethnology and Anthropology, Мoscow, pp 36–67Google Scholar
- Gumilev LN (2002) Ethnic sphere: history of people and history of nature. Moscow, 37 pGoogle Scholar
- Ostroumov IG (1904) The Mansi. Historical essay. Perm, 72 pGoogle Scholar
- Zenko МА (2016) Concerning the issue of study of traditional law with indigenous people of West Siberia. http://ipdn.ru/rics/doc. Accessed 18 Jul 2016