- 654 Downloads
Colombia has made an incredible transformation in the last one and a half decades. Economic growth has increased and is relatively strong. It has strong trading relationships with many countries around the world. The civil war and drug trafficking that was a huge nemesis in the side of Colombia has significantly declined or has been eliminated. Colombia’s trade sector has begun to blossom again with lots of tourists coming to see the beautiful terrain. All in all, Colombia is positioned to become an economic powerhouse. Its entry into the Pacific Alliance is a step toward this goal. Being part of a strong alliance can only strengthen Colombia as a nation and a global competitor. We have seen Colombia come a long way and now it can continue to become a standout in world business.
KeywordsColombia Pacific Alliance Strong Trade Relationship Well-trained Workforce Transact Business
- Chan, S. P. (2015). Colombia: from failed state to Latin American powerhouse, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/globalbusiness/11441732/Colombia-from-failed-state-to-Latin-American-powerhouse.html, pp. 1–8.
- CIA factbook. (2016). https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2116.html.
- Coface. (2016). Major Macro Economic indicators, http://www.coface.com/Economic-Studies-and-Country-Risk/Colombia.
- C&A GROUP SAS, Carlos Camacho. (2016). Business opportunities with the pacific alliance. Published with permission granted to MasterCard and RGX See more at: http://www.mastercardbiz.com/caribbean/2016/03/21/business-opportunities-with-the-pacific-alliance/#sthash.Q1sTdNZK.dpuf.
- World Bank Group –IBRD-IDA. (2016). http://www.doingbusiness.org/rankings.