- 624 Downloads
The Pacific Alliance is a regional trade initiative of four countries: Peru, Mexico, Colombia, and Chile. It was established in 2011 with the Declaración de Lima. According to it, the members agreed to establish a trade alliance with aims to Asia and an economic integration with the Mercado Integrado Lationamericano (MILA). These four countries have a population of 227.98 million, produce $1,749.73 billion and have a GDP per capita of $7,674.85, in current, nominal dollar terms. The primary aim of the Pacific Alliance (Pacific Alliance) is to promote and improve trade among Latin American countries and also to become a major trade group among the worldwide trade entities.
- Alianza del Pacifico. (2016). https://alianzapacifico.net/.
- Authors’ calculations using IMF data. International Monetary Fund. World Economic Outlook databases. (2016). Online database. http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2016/02/weodata/index.aspx. Accessed October 2016.
- George, S. (2014). The Pacific Pumas: An emerging model for emerging markets. Washington: Bertelsmann Foundation. http://www19.iadb.org/intal/intalcdi/PE/2014/14383.pdf.Google Scholar
- International Monetary Fund. (2016). World Economic Outlook, online database. www.imf.org. Accessed October 2016.
- Kotschwar, B. & Schott, J. J. (2013). The next bigh thing? The trans-Pacific partnership and Latin America. http://www.americasquarterly.org/next-big-thing-trans-pacific-partnership.
- Perry, G. (2010). Financial integration in the Pacific Alliance (p. 3), IDB Monograph Washington, D.C.: Inter-American Developmental Bank.Google Scholar
- Spillan, J., Virzi, N., & Garita, M. (2014). Doing business in Latin America: Challenges and opportunities. New York: Routledge PublishersGoogle Scholar
- The Economist. (2015). Available in: http://www.economist.com/news/americas/21646273-pacific-alliance-great-brand-search-shared-product-how-deep-their-love).
- The Pacific Alliance Consolidating Regional Integration and Cooperation. (2016). http://www.iadb.org/en/topics/trade/the-pacific-alliance-consolidating-regional-integration-and-cooperation,8827.html.
- Villareal, A. (2016). The Pacific Alliance: A trade integration initiative in Latin America. Washington, D.C.: Congressional Research Service. Available in: https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/R43748.pdf.
- WEF. (2016). The Global Competitive Report 2016-2017, https://www.weforum.org/reports/the-globalcompetitiveness-report-2016-2017-1.
- World Trade Statistical Review. (2016) p. 19. Available in: https://www.wto.org/english/res_e/statis_e/wts2016_e/WTO_Chapter_03_e.pdf.