Engaging Staff in Their Own Professional Development
- 753 Downloads
This chapter offers practical advice and worked examples on how best to engage yourself and support others to engage in relevant CPD that is genuinely developmental.
- Ashwin, P., Boud, D., & Coate, K. (2015). Reflective teaching in higher education. United States: Continuum Publishing.Google Scholar
- Benzies, A., & Mowat, E. (2012). Everyone needs a mentor? The SEDA PDF award in mentoring and coaching. Educational Developments, 13(4), 14.Google Scholar
- Blackmore, P. (2013). Leadership in teaching. In L. Hunt & D. Chambers (Eds.). University teaching in focus: A learning-centred approach (pp. 268–290). Victoria: ACER.Google Scholar
- Boyle, L., & Taylor, N. (2016). TESTA—Developing one aspect of feedback review at the University of Dundee. Educational Developments, 17(3), 9–12.Google Scholar
- Cook-Sather, A. (2013). Catalysing multiple forms of engagement: Student-staff partnerships exploring teaching and learning. In E. Dunne & D. Owen (Eds.). The student engagement handbook: Practice in higher education (pp. 549–65). Bingley: Emerald.Google Scholar
- Cook-Sather, A., Bovill, C., & Felten, P. (2014). Engaging students as partners in learning and teaching: A guide for faculty. United States: Jossey-Bass.Google Scholar
- Fry, H., Ketteridge, S., & Marshall, S. (2014). A handbook for teaching and learning in higher education: Enhancing academic practice (4th ed.). London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- HEA. (2011). The UK professional standards framework for teaching and supporting learning in higher education. York: HEA. Retrieved December 12, 2016 from https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/system/files/downloads/UKPSF_2011_English.pdf.
- HEA. (2012). A marked improvement: Transforming assessment in higher education. York: Higher Education Academy. http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/assets/documents/assessment/A_Marked_Improvement.pdf.
- Healey, M., Flint, A., & Harrington, K. (2014). Engagement through partnership: Students as partners in learning and teaching in higher education. York: HEA. Retrieved December 14, 2016 fromhttps://www.heacademy.ac.uk/system/files/resources/engagement_through_partnership.pdf.
- Higher Education Academy. (2017). HEA fellowships. Retrieved December 12, 2016 https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/recognition-accreditation/hea-fellowships.
- Hunt, L., & Chalmers, D. (Eds.). (2012). University teaching in focus: A learning-centred approach. Canberra, ACT: Australian Council Educational Research (ACER).Google Scholar
- Jessop, T. (2016). Seven years and still no itch: Why TESTA keeps on going. Educational Developments, 17(3), 5–9.Google Scholar
- Light, G., Calkins, S. C., & Cox, R. L. (2009). Learning and teaching in higher education: The reflective professional (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.Google Scholar
- QAA. (2013). UK quality code for higher education: Chapter B6: Assessment of students and recognition of prior learning. http://www.qaa.ac.uk/publications/informationandguidance/pages/quality-code-b6.aspx.
- Race, P. (2014). Making learning happen: A guide for post -compulsory education (3rd ed.). London: Sage.Google Scholar
- Race, P. and Leeds Met Teaching Fellows (2009). Using Peer Observation to Enhance Teaching, Leeds: Leeds Met Press. Accessed December 12, 2016 from https://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/publications/files/090505-36477_PeerObsTeaching_LoRes.pdf.
- Ramsden, P. (2003). Learning to teach in higher education (2nd ed.). New York: Taylor & Francis.Google Scholar
- Rust, C. (1998). The impact of educational development workshops on teachers practice. International Journal for Academic Development, 3(1), 72–80.Google Scholar
- Salmon, G. (2013). E-tivities: The key to active online learning (2nd ed.). London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Schon, D. A. (1987). Educating the reflective practitioner: Toward a new design for teaching and learning in the professions (Jossey bass higher and adult education series). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Inc.Google Scholar
- Scott, G. (2004). Change matters: Making a difference in higher education. In Proceedings of the Australian Universities Quality Forum (pp. 35–51).Google Scholar
- SEDA. (2016). CPD for fellowship holders. Retrieved December 12, 2016 http://www.seda.ac.uk/cpd-fellowship-holders.
- Smith, S. (2015). Ph.D. by published work: A practical guide for success. United Kingdom: Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Trowler, P. (1998). Academics responding to change: New higher education frameworks and academic cultures. Buckingham: Open University Press/SRHE.Google Scholar
- Waterfield, J., West, R., & Parker, M. (2006). Supporting inclusive practice: Developing an assessment toolkit. In M. Adams & S. Brown (Eds.). Towards inclusive learning in higher education: Developing curricula for disabled students (pp. 79–94). London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Weinstein, E., & Miller, K. M. (2000). Mentoring for success. West Des Moines, IA: American Media Inc.Google Scholar
© The Author(s) 2017