DroneMyo: Proactive Control of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Based on Wearable Devices
Wearable devices promise a full immersion in the usage environment and most of these devices are mainly passive information receivers. We believe that integration of proactive wearable devices in general can bring more advantages for more natural user interactions. This paper explores proactive control of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) based on a smart phone and a smart wristband. We have conducted indoor and outdoor trial flights and gained encouraging results as well as valuable ideas for future research.
KeywordsWearable devices Proactive control Naturally user interaction UAV
This research was funded by the Sichuan Provincial Technology Support Program (2014GZ0006) and the Special funds for basic scientific research business of Central University-Youth Project, Southwest University for Nationalities (13NZYQN19).
- 1.Jiang, H., Chen, X., Zhang, S., Zhang, X., Kong, W., Zhang, T.: Software for wearable devices: challenges and opportunities. arXiv preprint arXiv:1504.00747 (2015)
- 2.El-Bendary, N., Tan, Q., Pivot, F.C., Lam, A.: Fall detection, prevention for the elderly: a review of trends and challenges. Int. J. Smart Sens. Intell. Syst. 6(3), 1230–1266 (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Bally, G., Müller, J., Rohs, M., Wigdor, D., Kratz, S.: ShoeSense: a new perspective on hand gestures and wearable applications. In: Proceedings of CHI, vol. 12 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Xiao, R., Laput, G., Harrison, C.: Expanding the input expressivity of smartwatches with mechanical pan, twist, tilt and click. In: Proceedings of the 32nd Annual ACM Conference on Human factors in computing systems, pp. 193–196. ACM (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Phelan, I., Arden, M., Garcia, C., Roast, C.: Exploring virtual reality and prosthetic training (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Amento, B., Hill, W., Terveen, L.: The sound of one hand: a wrist-mounted bio-acoustic fingertip gesture interface. In: CHI 2002 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp. 724–725. ACM (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Perceptual Computing: Computers Came to their Senses (2014). http://iq.intel.com/the-year-computers-came-to-their-senses-2/
- 9.Engel, J., Sturm, J., Cremers, D.: Camera-based navigation of a low-cost quadrocopter. In: IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 2815–2821. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.The Myo SDK (2015). https://developer.thalmic.com/docs/api_reference/platform/the-sdk.html