Listening to Local Market Voices
Chapter 5 identifies the primary cultural challenges as well as solutions for strengthening trust-building and motivation during the project collaboration process, from creation to execution. Achieving alignment with teams across geographies can be a challenging task, in addition to ensuring effective communication with geographically distributed teams. Readers will learn how leaders and teams can promote a positive dialogue for sharing local market knowledge and new ideas. This chapter also discusses the importance of integrating face-to-face communication with knowledge platforms that harness and diffuse team knowledge worldwide. Cases from Essilor and Adobe show how organizations are facilitating dialogue and multicultural collaboration across geographies.
- Company overview, BMW Group: https://www.bmwgroup.com/en/company.html. Accessed on December 10, 2016.
- Company profile, Mazda: http://www.mazda.com/en/about/profile/library/. Accessed on December 10, 2016.
- Embracing Innovation: Case Study, “Inside high: Mazda’s Seita Kanai on innovation and branding strategies”, PwC: http://www.pwc.com/gx/en/services/advisory/consulting/revitalizing-corporate-japan/embracing-innovation-case-study-inside-high.html. Accessed on December 10, 2016.
- Jensen, Karina R. Accelerating Global Product Innovation through Cross-cultural Collaboration Study, Report 2011.Google Scholar
- Jensen, Karina R. Global Innovation and Collaboration Study, 2014.Google Scholar
- Jensen, Karina R. Local Innovation and Collaboration Study, Asia Region, 2015.Google Scholar
- Steep, Mike. “How to Create Innovation Cultures That Keep Working”, Forbes Leadership Forum, Forbes, September 3, 2014: http://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesleadershipforum/2014/09/03/how-to-create-innovation-cultures-that-keep-working/#4c49381397ca.