A High Embedding Capacity Data Hiding Scheme Based upon Permutation Vectors
Reference-matrix-based data hiding is a way to embed secret data within cover images according to a secret reference matrix. Existing schemes such as exploiting-modification-direction-based method, Sudoku-based method, and magic-cube-based method provide several means to construct reference matrices and embed secret data by modifying the LSBs of cover images according to generated reference matrices. In order to obtain better embedding capacity and stego-image quality, we propose a novel data hiding scheme based on permutation vectors. In this proposed scheme, a 1-dimensional reference matrix is constructed by concatenating a secret permutation vector repeatedly. Experimental results show that the proposed scheme achieves higher embedding capacity and better stego-image quality. To further improve the visual quality when the embedding capacity is less than 1.5 bpp, we also propose an improved version where a 2-dimensional reference matrix is constructed based on a secret permutation vector. The experimental result also demonstrates nice visual quality of our improved scheme.
KeywordsData hiding Reference matrix LSB Permutation vectors
This work was supported in part by the Ministry of Science and Technology under the Grant Number 102-2221-E-305-008-MY3.
- 2.Chang, C.C., Wu, H.L.: A large apyload information hiding scheme using two-level exploiting modification direction. In: 10th International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing, pp. 512–515 (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Chang, C.C., Chou, Y.C., Kieu, T.D.: An information hiding scheme using sudoku. In: 3rd International Conference on Innnovative Computing Information and Control, p. 17 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Lin, C.N., Chang, C.C., Lee, W.B., Lin, J.A.: A novel secure data hiding scheme using a secret reference matrix. In: Fifth International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing, pp. 369–373 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Turner, L.F.: Digital data security system. Patent IPN WO 89, 08915 (1989)Google Scholar
- 10.Wu, Q., Zhu, C., Li, J.J., Chang, C.C., Wang, Z.H.: A magic cube based information hiding scheme of large payload. J. Inf. Secur. Appl. 26, 1–7 (2016)Google Scholar