Embedding Strategy for Batch Adaptive Steganography
In this paper, we present a new embedding strategy for batch adaptive steganography. This strategy can make up for the problem when applying batch steganography to adaptive steganography and determine the sub-batch of cover images to carry the total message. Firstly, we define a secure factor \(\alpha \) to evaluate the embedding security. Then, we utilize the secure factor \(\alpha \) to calculate the corresponding payloads for each image based on distortion-limited sender (maximizing the payload while introducing a fixed total distortion) and fit the relation curve for the secure factor and the corresponding payload. When embedding, the images with large size and more upward convex relation curve are employed to carry the total message. Experimental results show that fitting curves vary according to images and employing images with more upward convex relation curve to carry the total message can improve the secure performance effectively.
KeywordsSteganography Security Distortion function
This work was supported by the NSFC under U1536105 and 61303259, National Key Technology R&D Program under 2014BAH41B01, Strategic Priority Research Program of CAS under XDA06030600, and Key Project of Institute of Information Engineering, CAS, under Y5Z0131201.
- 2.Denemark, T., Sedighi, V., Holub, V., Cogranne, R., Fridrich, J.: Selection-channel-aware rich model for steganalysis of digital images. In: IEEE International Workshop on Information Forensics and Security (WIFS), pp. 48–53. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Holub, V., Fridrich, J.: Designing steganographic distortion using directional filters. In: IEEE International Workshop on Information Forensics and Security (WIFS), pp. 234–239. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, B., Wang, M., Huang, J.: A new cost function for spatial image steganography. In: 2014 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, pp. 4206–4210. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhao, Z., Guan, Q., Zhao, X.: Constructing near-optimal double-layered syndrome-trellis codes for spatial steganography. In: 2016 ACM Workshop on Information Hiding and MultiMedia Security, pp. 139–148 (2016)Google Scholar
- 12.Ker, A., Pevný, T.: Batch steganography in the real world. In: ACM Proceedings of the on Multimedia and Security, pp. 1–10 (2012)Google Scholar