Blind 3D Mesh Watermarking Based on Sphere-Shape Template
In this paper, we propose a novel blind 3D mesh watermarking scheme based on synchronization using a template. The proposed template has a sphere shape with a basis point and scale information for the watermarking. The template is invariant to translation, rotation, and scale. In the extraction process of the template, the post-processing, which sorts out the genuine template vertices from many candidate vertices, greatly increases the extracting accuracy. The proposed watermarking method is designed to extract the watermark from the rest of the region even if part of the mesh information is cropped. According to the experimental results, the proposed method has a higher robustness against not only cropping but also general signal processing attacks than the previous methods.
Keywords3D mesh watermarking Template base synchronization Sphere-shape template
This work was supported by the Institute for Information & communications Technology Promotion (IITP) grant funded by the Korean government (MSIP) (No. R0126-15-1024, Managerial Technology Development and Digital Contents Security of 3D Printing based on Micro Licensing Technology).
- 1.Wang, K., Lavoue, G., Denis, F., Baskurt, A., He, X.: A benchmark for 3D mesh watermarking. In: SMI 2010 - International Conference on Shape Modeling and Applications, Proceedings, pp. 231–235 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Alface, P.R., Macq, B.: Blind and robust watermarking of 3D models: how to withstand the cropping attack? In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, pp. 465–468 (2007)Google Scholar
- 13.Hou, J.U., Kim, D.G., Choi, S.H., Lee, H.K.: 3D print-scan resilient watermarking using a histogram-based circular shift coding structure. In: Proceedings of the 3rd ACM Workshop on Information Hiding and Multimedia Security - IH&MMSec 2015, pp. 115–121 (2015)Google Scholar
- 16.Mun, S.M., Jang, H.U., Kim, D.G., Lee, H.K.: A robust 3D mesh watermarking scheme against cropping. In: International Conference on 3D Imaging (2015)Google Scholar
- 21.Cignoni, P., Rocchini, C., Scopigno, R.: Metro: measuring error on simplified surfaces. Comput. Graph. Forum 17, 23–38 (2009)Google Scholar
- 22.Lavoue, G., Gelasca, E.D., Dupont, F., Baskurt, A., Ebrahimi, T.: Perceptually driven 3D distance metrics with application to watermarking. In: Proceedings of the SPIE 6312, Applications of Digital Image Processing XXIX, 6312 (2006)Google Scholar
- 23.Taubin, G.: A signal processing approach to fair surface design. In: Proceedings of the 22nd Annual Conference on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques, pp. 351–358 (1995)Google Scholar