Application of a Stabilizing Method Using Periodic Threshold to Current-Controlled DC/DC Converters
We consider current-controlled DC/DC converters. The controller is composed of comparator and RS-type flip-flop. Previously, we showed that periodic threshold, which is applied into the comparator, has stabilizing effect for circuit behavior. However, the demonstration of the application of the stabilizing method is not reported at all. In this report, we show an example of the application for current-controlled DC/DC converters. First, we show output characteristic of photovoltaic module. Next, we explain circuit dynamics of DC/DC boost convener fed with photovoltaic module. Finally, we discuss stabilizing effect of periodic threshold.
This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number JP26730134.
- 1.A. Abusorrah, M.M. Al-Hindawi, Y. Al-Turki, K. Mandal, D. Giaouris, S. Banerjee, S. Voutetakis, S. Papadopoulou, Stability of a boost converter fed from photovoltaic source. Sol. Energy 98 C 458–471 (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.X. Xiong, C.K. Tse, X. Ruan, Bifurcation analysis of standalone photovoltaic-battery hybrid power system. IEEE Trans. Circ. Syst. I 60(5), 1354–1365 (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.D. Kimura, T. Saito, A trade-off between the maximum power point and stability. IEICE Trans. Fundam. E94-A(7), 1513–1518 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Y. Hasesaka, K. Mori, T. Kousaka, H. Ohtagaki, H. Asahara, Nonlinear oscillation of a photovoltaic cell booster, in Proceedings of 2016 International Symposium on Nonlinear Theory and Its Applications (2015). (In press)Google Scholar
- 7.D. Ito, T. Ueta, T. Kousaka, J. Imura, K. Aihara, Controlling chaos of hybrid systems by variable threshold values. Int. J. Bifurcat. Chaos 24(10), 1450125-1–1450125-12 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.T. Sasada, D. Ito, H. Ohtagaki, T. Kousaka, H. Asahara, Controlling unstable orbits via varying switching time in a simple dynamical systems, in Proceedings of 2015 International Symposium on Nonlinear Theory and Its Applications (2015), pp. 475–478Google Scholar
- 10.H. Asahara, K. Tasaki, K. Aihara, T. Kousaka, The stabilizing mechanism for an interrupted dynamical system with periodic threshold. Nonlinear Theory Appl. (NOLTA) IEICE 3(4), 546–556 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Y. Iida, Y. Fuchikami, Y. Neba, Analysis of set-up chopper circuit with photovoltaic arrays, in Proceedings of The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan (1999), pp. 4–180. (In Japanese)Google Scholar