Design of High-Frequency High-Efficiency Converters by Applying Bifurcation Analysis Techniques
This paper presents a computation algorithm for visualizing the power-electronics circuit characteristics on system-parameter space by applying computation algorithm of bifurcation values. By using the visualizations, it is easy to comprehend the power-converter characteristics in wide parameter region. As a design example, the phase-controlled class-D ZVS inverter is designed. By drawing the ZVS region, it is possible to obtain the component values for satisfying the ZVS condition continuously against phase shifts. The validity of the proposed design strategy was confirmed by showing the quantitative agreements with experimental results.
- 3.T. Nagashima, X. Wei, E. Bou, E. Alarcon, M.K. Kazimierczuk, H. Sekiya, Analysis and design of loosely inductive coupled wireless power transfer system based on class-E\(^2\) DC-DC converter for efficiency enhancement. IEEE Trans. Circ. Syst. I 62, 2781–2791 (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Y. Yamada, T. Nagashima, Y. Ibuki, Y. ukumoto, H. Sekiya, Numerical algorithm for distribution-map derivations of switching converters, in Proceedings of IEEE IECON, pp. 4338–4344 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Y. Yamada, T. Nagashima, Y. Ibuki, Y. Fukumoto, T. Ikenari, H. Sekiya, Design of a DC-DC converter with phase-controlled class-D ZVS invertrer. IEEE J. Emerg. Sel. Top. Circ. Syst. 5, 354–363 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.T. Nagashima, X. Wei, H. Tanaka, H. Sekiya, Locking range derivations for injection-locked class-E oscillator applying phase reduction theory. IEEE Trans. Circ. Syst. -I 61, 2904–2911 (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.D. Kawamoto, H. Sekiya, H. Koizumi, I. Sasase, S. Mori, Design of phase-controlled class E inverter with asymmetric circuit configuration. IEEE Trans. Circ. Syst. -II 51, 523–528 (2004)Google Scholar