Comparative Analysis of Reliability Prediction Models for a Distributed Radio Direction Finding Telecommunication System
We consider the problem of reliability assurance of a local ground-based distributed radio direction finding system (RDFS), which consists of a local dispatching center (LDC) and unattended radio terminals (URT), which are up to several hundred kilometers apart from the LDC and are connected to the LDC via communication channels. The performance criteria of the RDFS are defined according to its topology and structure. Requirements on the mean time between failures (MTBF) and the availability factor are imposed. A methodic has been developed for determining the reliability parameters both in approximate analytical form and in the form of a formalized simulation model that takes into account different hierarchy levels of the system from the topology of the network and communication channels to the printed board assemblies and individual types of electronic components. Simulation and calculation of reliability measures was performed using an automated system for reliability calculation of electronic modules and reconfigurable manufacturing calculation (ASONIKA). The weak spots (least reliable elements) of the RDFS have been revealed and recommendations were given to ensure the reliability of individual elements and the RDFS as a whole. The composition of spare parts for LDC, URT equipment and communication channels is proposed.
KeywordsReliability model Diagnostics Radio technical system Communications network System topology Communication channel Radio direction finding Radar Methodic Link
This research was financially supported by the Russian Science Foundation (research project No. 16-49-02021).
- 1.Aminev, D.A., Zhurkov, A.P., Kozyrev, A.A., Uvaysov, S.U.: Algoritmy raboty programmnogo obespechenija mikroprocessornyh sistem kontrolja apparatury pelengatornoj pozicii [The algorithms used in the software of microprocessor systems for monitoring equipment direction finding position]. Trudy NIIR, vol. 3, pp. 11–17 (2014). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 2.Aminev, D.A., Zhurkov, A.P., Kozyrev, A.A.: Algoritm kontrolja apparatury mestnogo dispetcherskogo punkta nazemnoj lokal’noj radiopelengacionnoj sistemy nabljudenija [The control algorithm for local control point equipment of RDF system]. Trudy NIIR, vol. 4, pp. 77–78 (2015). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhurkov, A.P., Aminev, D.A., Guseva, P.A., Miroshnichenko, S.S., Petrosjan P.A.: Analysis of the possibilities of self-diagnosis approaches to distributed electronic surveillance system. Systems of Control, Communication, Security, vol. 4, pp. 114–122 (2015). (in Russian). http://sccs.intelgr.com/archive/2015-04/06-Zhurkov.pdf. Accessed 20 Nov 2015
- 4.Vishnevsky, V.M., Kozyrev, D.V., Semenova, O.V.: Redundant queuing system with unreliable servers. In: International Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems and Workshops, pp. 283–286. IEEE Xplore (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Tikhmenev, A.N., Zhadnov, V.V.: Imitacionnoe modelirovanie v zadachah ocenki nadezhnosti otkazoustoichivyh sredstv [Simulation problems in assessing the reliability of fault-tolerant electronic means]. Nadezhnost, vol. 1, no. 44, pp. 32–43 (2013). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 6.Gertsbakh, I., Shpungin, Y., Vaisman, R.: Ternary Networks: Reliability and Monte Carlo. Springer Briefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering. Springer, Heidelberg (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Golovin, I.N., Chuvarygin, B.V., Shura-Bura, A.E.: Raschet i optimizacia komplektov zapasnih elementov radioelektronnyh sistem [Calculation and optimization of sets of spare components of radioelectronic systems]. Moscow: Radio i svyaz [Radio and Communications], 176 p. (1984). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 8.Lisnianski, A., Frenkel, I. (eds.): Recent Advances in System Reliability: Signatures, Multi-state Systems and Statistical Inference. Springer Series in Reliability Engineering. Springer, Heidelberg (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Antonov, A.V., Plyaskin, A.V., Tataev, K.N.: K voprosu rascheta nadezhosti rezervirovannyh struktur s uchetom starenia elementov [To the problem of reliability calculation of redundant structures with account to aging of elements]. Nadezhnost. vol. 1, no. 44, pp. 55–61 (2013). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 10.Tikhmenev A.N.: Problemi rascheta pokazatelei dostatochnosti i optimizacii zapasov v sistemah ZIP [Problems of sufficiency factor calculation and optimization of reserves in SPTA systems], vol. 3, no. 38, pp. 53–60 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Belyaev, Y.K., Bogatyrev, V.A., Bolotin, V.V., et al.: Nadezhnost tekhnicheskikh system [Reliability of technical systems]. In: Ushakov, I.A. (ed.) Moscow: Radio i svyaz [radio and Communications], 608 p. (1985). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 12.IEC 61078 (2006–01) Analysis techniques for dependability – Reliability block diagram and Boolean methodsGoogle Scholar