Application of Knowledge-Based Design in Computer Aided Product Development
In the recent years, it can be observed that the products are launched by rapidity and short time. The lifecycles of user equipment has been shortened, the flow of information accelerated, the freely available information more widely accessible. One of the conditions of competitiveness for the arisen problems is the rapid and optimal solutions. Using a software or system, which supports the knowledge based design (KBD) the time and costs of the product development phase can be reduced. In this chapter the results of a product design and development process implemented in a PLM system will be presented on a ball screw drive mechanisms focusing on its returning guide.
KeywordsKnowledge-Based design (KBD) Product development Computer aided design (CAD)
This research was carried out as part of the TÁMOP-4.2.1.B-10/2/KONV-2010-0001 project with support by the European Union, co-financed by the European Social Fund. This research was supported by the European Union and the State of Hungary, co-financed by the European Social Fund in the framework of TÁMOP-4.2.4.A/2-11/1-2012-0001 ‘National Excellence Program’.
- 2.Hirz M, Dietrich W, Gfrerrer A, Lang J (2013) Integrated computer-aided design in automotive development: development processes, geometric fundamentals, methods of CAD, knowledge-based engineering data management. SpringerLink, Bücher. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. ISBN:9783642119408Google Scholar
- 3.Rocca GL (2012) Knowledge based engineering: between AI and CAD. Review of a language based technology to support engineering design. Adv Eng Inform 26(2):159–179. ISSN:1474-0346. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aei.2012.02.002
- 4.Tzivelekis CA, Yiotis LS, Fountas NA, Krimpenis AA (2015) Parametrically automated 3D design and manufacturing for spiral-type free-form models in an interactive CAD/CAM environment. Int J Interact Des Manufac (IJIDeM) 1–10. ISSN:1955-2505. doi: 10.1007/s12008-015-0261-8
- 5.Hegedűs Gy (2016) Newton’s method based collision avoidance in a CAD environment on ball nut grinding. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 84(5):1219–1228. ISSN:1433-3015. doi: 10.1007/s00170-015-7796-5
- 6.Gomes S, Bluntzer JB, Mahdjoub M, Sagot JC (2007) Collaborative, functional and knowledge based engineering using a PLM environment. In: DS 42: Proceedings of ICED 2007, the 16th international conference on engineering design, Paris, p 12Google Scholar
- 7.Catic A, Malmqvist J (2007) Towards integration of KBE and PLM. In: DS 42: Proceedings of ICED 2007, the 16th international conference on engineering design, Paris, p 12Google Scholar
- 8.Jayakiran Reddy E, Sridhar CNV, Pandu Rangadu V (2015) Knowledge based engineering: notion, approaches and future trends. Am J Intell Syst 5(1):1–17. doi: 10.5923/j.ajis.20150501.01
- 9.Lenksysteme ZF (2013) ZF servolectric—electric power steering system for passenger cars and light commercial vehicles. BrochureGoogle Scholar
- 10.Harrer M, Pfeffer P (2017) Steering handbook. Springer International Publishing. ISBN:978-3-319-05449-0. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-05449-0
- 11.Bochert A, Cäsar T, Eichler J (2010) Steering system. ATZextra worldwide 15(11):140–143. ISSN:2195-1489. doi: 10.1365/s40111-010-0252-5