Reversible authentication scheme for demosaicked images without false detection
The integrity of an image transmitted over the Internet is easily breached, and as such, research into image authentication has become increasingly urgent. In this paper, a new efficient fragile watermark- based authentication scheme for demosaicked images is proposed. In the proposed scheme, each watermark bit is embedded into two rebuilt components of each demosaicked pixel by using a designed authentication table. The watermarked image can be recovered back to the original demosaicked image if necessary. The experimental results demonstrated that our method preserves very satisfactory image quality and tamper detection accuracy. Most important, there was no false detection in the proposed scheme.
KeywordsImage demosaicking Image authentication Tamper detection Fragile watermarking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Haouzia, A. Noumeir, R.: Methods for image authentication: a survey. Multimedia Tools and Applications. 39, 1, 1–46 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Rivest, R. L.: The MD5 message-digest algorithm. Internet Activities Board, Internet Privacy Task Force. (1992)Google Scholar
- 3.Lukac, R. Plataniotis, K. N.: Color filter arrays: Design and performance analysis. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics. 51, 4, 1260–1267 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Menon, D. Calvagno, G.: Color image demosaicking: an overview. Signal Processing Image. 26, 8, 518–533 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Lu, Y.M. Karzand, M. Vetterli, M.: Demosaicking by alternating projections: theory and fastone-step implementation. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. 19, 8, 2085–2098 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Ferrandas, S. Bertalmio, Caselles, M. V.: Geometry-based demosaicking. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. 19, 3, 665–670 (2009).Google Scholar
- 7.Hu, Y.C. Chen, W.L. Hung, C.H.: A novel image authentication technique for color image demosaicking. in Proceedings of 2014 International Conference on Information Technology and Management Engineering. Hong Kong. (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Lin, C.C. Lin, C.H. Liu, X.L. Yuan, S.M.: Fragile watermarking-based authentication scheme for demosaicked images. 2015 International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing (IIH-MSP). Adelaide, SA. (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Hu, Y.C. Lo, C.C. Chen, W.L.: Probability-based reversible image authentication scheme for image demosaicking. Future Generation Computer Systems. 62, 92–103(2016)Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, R. Z. Lin, C. F. Lin, J. C.: ”Image hiding by optimal LSB substitution and genetic algorithm. Pattern recognition. 34, 3, 671–683 (2001)Google Scholar