An improved 5-2 channel downmix algorithm for 3D audio reproduction
- 855 Downloads
With the continuous development of virtual reality (VR), 3D audio is widely used particularly for headphones. Therefore, a multi-channel to two-channel downmixing approach is in great demand. Many traditional methods have been proposed, but these methods cannot meet the requirements for higher perceptual quality in VR scenes. In this paper, we propose an improved five-two channel downmixing approach based on coherence suppression and spatial correction. This method can reduce the timbre change and spatial inaccuracy problems which traditional method commonly encountered. Its effectiveness is validated through the preliminary experiments.
KeywordsVirtual reality 3D audio Downmix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kuba Lopatka, et al.: Novel 5.1 downmix algorithm with improved dialogue intelligibility. Audio Engineering Society. (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.ITU: ITU-R Recommendation BS.775-1, Multichannel stereophonic sound system with and without accompanying picture. (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Digital Audio Compression Standard (AC-3,E-AC-3).(2010)Google Scholar
- 4.C. Faller and P. Schillebeeckx: Improved ITU and Matrix Surround Downmixing. Audio Engineering Society. (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.A. Adami, et al.: Down-Mixing Using Coherence Suppression. IEEE International Conference on Acoustic, Speech and Signal Processing. (2014)Google Scholar