Copyright Protection Method based on the Main Feature of Digital Images
With the rapid development of information technology, images can be easily copied, modified, and re-released. This paper proposes a copyright protection method based on the main feature of digital images by using SIFT algorithm. It aims to prevent the image which main feature information is stored in database from being abused. The innovation point is to store feature information instead of images with much redundant information, which can accelerate matching. It can be judged whether a picture infringes copyright by extracting its main feature information, then comparing with those in database. The experiment results show that this method can resist tampering attack such as JPEG compression, noise, and geometric distortion.
Keywordsdigital image copyright protection SIFT algorithm main feature information image tampering search matching
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Podilchuk, C., Zeng, W.: Image-adaptive Watermarking Using Visual Models. Selected Areas in Communications IEEE Journal on. vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 525--539 (1998)Google Scholar
- 2.Lowe, D.G.: Object Recognition from Local Scale-invariant Features. The Proceedings of the Seventh IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision. IEEE. vol. 2, pp. 1150--1157 (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Lowe, D.G.: Distinctive Image Features from Scale-Invariant Keypoints. International Journal of Computer Vision. vol. 60, no. 2, pp:91--110 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Bas, P., Chassery, J.M., Macq, B.: Geometrically Invariant Watermarking Using Feature Points. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. vol. 11, no. 9, pp.1014--1028 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Mair, E., Hager, G.D., Burschka. D., et al.: Adaptive and Generic Corner Detection Based on the Accelerated Segment Test. LNCS, vol. 6312, no. PART 2, pp. 183--196. Computer Vision - ECCV 2010. European Conference on Computer Vision. Heraklion, Crete, Greece, September 5-11, Proceedings (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Lu, C.S., Liao, H.Y.M.: Multipurpose Watermarking for Image Authentication and Protection. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. vol. 10, no.10, pp. 1579--1592 ( 2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Fischler, M.A., Bolles, R.C.: Random Sample Consensus: a Paradigm for Model Fitting with Application to Image Analysis and Automated Cartography. Communications of the ACM. vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 381--395 (1981)Google Scholar
- 8.Torr, P.H.S., Zisserman. A.: MLESAC: A New Robust Estimator with Application to Estimating Image Geometry. Computer Vision and Image Understanding. vol. 78, no. 1, pp.138--156 (2010)Google Scholar