An Adaptive DoS Attack Mitigation Measure for Field Networks in Smart Grids
The wireless mesh networks is one of the key technologies for field device networks to maximize the effect of smart grid. However, the wireless mesh networks is exposed to DoS attack based on routing misbehavior that cause the network does not work properly. If sensed data cannot be transferred from field network to server side system, we could not get the benefits of smart grid successfully. For protecting the field networks in smart grids from DoS attack based on routing misbehavior, we propose a revised monitoring method that improve the level of security of the wireless mesh networks for smart grid’s field device. We also provide the result of experiments.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Hofmann-Wellenhof, H. Lichtenegger, and J. Collins, Global Positioning System: Theory and Practice, In the Fourth Edition, Springer-Verlag (1997)Google Scholar
- 2.L. Hu and D. Evans, Localization for Mobile Sensor Networks, In Proc. of ACM MOBICOM, pp. 45-57 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.D. Liu, P. Ning, and W. Du, Detecting Malicious Beacon Nodes for Secure Location Discovery inWireless Sensor Networks, In Proc. of the 25th International Conference on Distributed Computer Systems (ICDCS), pp. 609-619 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.W. Du, L. Fang, P. Ning, LAD: Localization Anomaly Detection for Wireless Sensor Networks, In the Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC), Vol. 66, No. 7, pp. 874-886 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.N. Sastry, U. Shankar, and D.Wagner, Secure verification of location claims, In Proc. of ACM Workshop on Wireless Security (WiSe), pp. 1-10 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.C. H. Romesburg, Cluster Analysis for Researchers, (2004)Google Scholar