In-Vehicle Cloudlet Computing based on Delay Tolerant Network Protocol for Disaster Information System
In this paper, we propose an in-vehicle cloudlet computing disaster information system that can flexibly deal with critical network connectivity. In order to achieve this purpose, we develop a dynamic allocation of server resources in accordance with the load change on the system so that it is possible to take full advantage of in-vehicle server and network resources in the disaster areas. Also, by introducing mobile cloudlet computing and DTN protocols, our system can realize rapidly sharing disaster information even if the communication infrastructure is disconnected or challenged in the disaster.
KeywordsDisaster Information System Cloudlet Computing System Virtualization Delay Tolerant Networking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. Sasaki, and Y. Shibata, Construction of Distributed Disaster Information System in consideration of the mobile communication environment, IEICE, “S-65”-”S-66” (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Y. Sasaki, and Y. Shibata, Construction of Disaster information system that enables the display time series uniform, Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ), “3-427”-”3-428” (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Trieu C. Chieu, Ajay Mohindra, Alexei A. Karve and Alla Segal, “Dynamic Scaling of Web Applications in a Virtualized Cloud Computing Environment”, 2009 IEEE International Conference on e-Business EngineeringGoogle Scholar
- 4.Gihun Jung, Kwang Mong Sim, “Agent-based Adaptive Resource Allocation on the Cloud Computing Environment”, 2011 International Conference on Parallel Processing WorkshopsGoogle Scholar
- 5.Zhang Zhang, Jizhong Han, Bo Li, Wei Zhou, Dan Meng, “Lynn: A Multi-Dimensional Dynamic Resource Management System for Distributed Applications in Clouds”, 2013 International Conference on Cloud and Service ComputingGoogle Scholar
- 6.Delay Tolerant Networking Research Group, <http://www.dtnrg.org/wiki/Home>Google Scholar
- 7.Delay Tolerant Networking Research Group “DTN2 Documentation”, <http://www.dtnrg.org/wiki/Dtn2Documentation>Google Scholar
- 8.CloudStack User Group, <http://cloudstack.jp/>Google Scholar
- 9.Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications “Situation of information and communication in the Great East Japan Earthquake”, <http://www.soumu.go.jp/johotsusintokei/whitepaper/ja/h23/pdf/n0010000.pdf> 2011Google Scholar
- 10.Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications “Enhance of disaster tolerance in communication”, <http://www.soumu.go.jp/johotsusintokei/whitepaper/ja/h24/html/nc134210.html> 2012Google Scholar
- 11.APACHE SOFTWARE FOUNDATION “APACHE JMETER”, <HTTP://JMETER.APACHE.ORG/>Google Scholar