Knee contractures could be devastating and can result in bigger energy expenditure during the gait cycle. Most contractures are because of the congenital syndromes and due to trauma sequela.
- 6.Ebraheim NA, Saddemi SR, De Troye RJ. Results of Judetquadricepsplasty. J OrthopTrauma. 1993;7:327–30.Google Scholar
- 8.Heydarian K, Akbarnia BA, Jabalameli M, Tabador K. Posterior capsulotomy for the treatment of severe flexion contractures of the knee. J PediatrOrthop. 1984;4:700–4.Google Scholar
- 9.Herzenberg JE, Davis JR, Paley D, et al. Mechanical distraction for treatment of severe knee flexion contractures. Clin Orthop. 1994;301:80–8.Google Scholar
- 11.Ilizarov GA, Makushin VD, Gerasimov PI, Desjatnik EG. The treatment of stiff joints of the femur and lower leg associated with angular displacement of bone fragments with use of Ilizarov’s closed technique (methodological recommendations). Kurgan: RSC “RTO”; 1979.Google Scholar
- 12.Ilizarov GA. Clinical application of the tension-stress effect for limb lengthening. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1990;250:8–26.Google Scholar
- 14.Kornilov NV, Karptsov VI, Novoselov KA, et al. Comparative analysis of one- and two-stage methods of surgical treatments of femur pseudoarthrosis and malunions associated with knee joint contractures. In: Kornilov NV, editor. Planned surgical interventions (preoperative examination and patient preparation, complications, outcomes). Saint Petersburg: RNIITO; 1992.Google Scholar
- 16.Oganesyan OV, Ivannikov SV, Korshunov AV. The restoration of shape and function of the ankle joint using a caliper traction apparatus. Moscow: BINOM; 2003.Google Scholar
- 19.Reutov AI, Gyulnazarova SV, Myakotina LI. About functioning of locomotor system of patients with lower extremity shortening associated with permanent limitation in the range of knee motions. Travmatologia i Ortopedia Rossii. 2000;1:45–9.Google Scholar
- 21.Shevtsov VI, Nemkov VA, Sklyar LV. The Ilizarov’s apparatus. Biomechanics. Kurgan: Periodika; 1995.Google Scholar
- 22.Shevtsov VI, Makushin VD, Kuftyrev LM. Pseudoarthrosis, long bone defects of the upper extremities and elbow contractures. Kurgan: Zaural’e; 2001.Google Scholar
- 23.Soldatov JP. Reconstructive treatment of the consequences of damage to the elbow joint with application of the Ilizarov device (dissertation). Kurgan: RSC “RTO”; 2004.Google Scholar
- 24.Solomin LN, Korchagin KL, Utekhin AI. (2010) Software Based “Ortho-SUV Frame” optimal assembly for improvement of knee joint ROM: ICEF&BR, 6th meeting of the ASAMI international – Spain: Barcelona. http://www.rniito.org/download/ortho-suv-manual-engl.pdf.
- 25.Zimmerman MH, Smith CF, Oppenheim WL. Supracondylar femoral extension osteotomies in the treatment of fixed flexion deformity of the knee. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1982;171:87–93.Google Scholar
© Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2018