Cost Optimizing Methods for Deterministic Queuing Systems
The paper discusses two proposed methods for the cost optimization of the deterministic queuing system based on the control of the queue lengths. The first method uses the evaluation of actual states at the particular service places according to their development. The decision is then based on the comparison of the criteria of productivity and the expended costs. The suggested change in the system setting with the highest priority is then accomplished. The second method is based on the simulation of the future states and on this basis the appropriate time and type of the modification of the system setup is suggested.
KeywordsOptimization Deterministic queuing system Tandem network
The support of the Specific research project at FIM UHK and Czech Science Foundation project Nr. 14-02424S is gratefully acknowledged.
- 1.Baum, D., Lothar, B.: An Introduction to Queueing Theory. Springer, Netherlands (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Thiran, P., Le Boudec, J.-Y. (eds.): Network Calculus. LNCS, vol. 2050. Springer, Heidelberg (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Gavalec, M., Němcová, Z.: Deterministic queuing models in a service line. In: Proceedings of International Conference Mathematical Methods in Economics, pp. 227–232 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Lawrence, J.A., Pasternack, B.A.: Applied Management Science. John Wiley & Sons, New York (1997)Google Scholar
- 10.Zeigler, B.P., Praehofer, H., Kim, T.G.: Theory of Modeling and Simulation: Integrating Discrete Event and Continuous Complex Dynamic Systems. Academic Press, San Diego (2000)Google Scholar