Corporate Social Responsibility Campaigns in the Digital Age: The Case of Vodafone “Red Light Application/Between Us”
The aim of this study is to reveal how new communication technologies affect corporate social responsibility campaigns by analyzing the new dimensions that corporate social responsibility campaigns acquired in the new digital era from the standpoint of the advertisers who have created these campaigns. Within the scope of this study, the social responsibility campaign undertaken by Vodafone has been investigated in its various characteristics and the study data has been obtained using the in-depth interview technique with the team of the advertisers who created the campaign. In the analysis of data obtained after interviews with the participants forming the team that created the Vodafone “Red Light Application/Between Us” social responsibility campaign it was seen that the data is grouped around three themes: These are; (1) society lifting, (2) effects of digital media and (3) “Between us” Campaign.
KeywordsCorporate social responsibility Digital marketing Society lifting Vodafone Red Light Application
- Canaday, V.D.: Persuasive Technology and Emotional Agents. Technical report. Norfolk State University (2004)Google Scholar
- Nwagbara, U., Reid, P.: Corporate social responsibility communication in the age of new media: towards the logic of sustainability communication. Rev. Int. Comp. Manag. 14(3), 400–414 (2013)Google Scholar
- Pringle, H., Thompson, M.: Brand spirit: how cause related marketing builds brands. Wiley, Chichester (1999)Google Scholar
- Wang, A.: Perceptions of corporate social responsibility practices on mobile phone companies. Int. J. Mob. Mark. 4(1), 62–68 (2009)Google Scholar
- Zeff, R., Aronson, B.: Advertising on the Internet, 2nd edn. Wiley, New York (1999)Google Scholar