Part of the UNITEXT for Physics book series (UNITEXTPH)
- 1.1k Downloads
This chapter presents the technical and practical aspects of optical and radio interferometry. The two regions of the spectrum require different approaches for the processing and the combination of the signals from the single elements.
KeywordsVery Long Baseline Interferometry Adaptive Optic System Closure Phase Square Kilometer Array Very Large Array
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Lèna, P. et al.: Observational Astrophysics. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Monnier, J. D.: Optical Interferometry in Astronomy. RPP 66, 789 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Oswalt, T. D., McLean, I. S.: Planets, Stars and Stellar Systems. Volume I: Telescopes and Instrumentation. Springer (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Oswalt, T. D., Bond, H. E.: Planets, Stars and Stellar Systems. Volume II: Astronomical Techniques, Software, and Data. Springer (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Thomson, A. R., Moran, J. M. and Swenson Jr, G.: Interferometry and Synthesis in Radio Astronomy. Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim (2004)Google Scholar
© Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017