Posterior Approach to Cervical Spine
- 1.1k Downloads
In the neck, the spine takes up the mid-part of the cross-sectional area, and its posterior aspect is surrounded by a thick layer of powerful muscles (see §2. Anatomy).
KeywordsCervical Spine Spinous Process Lateral Mass Posterior Arch Midline Skin Incision
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 2.Bauer R, Kerschbaumer E (1987) Operative approaches in orthopedic surgery and traumatology. Thieme, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 3.Ebraheim NA, Xu R, Ahmad M, Heck B (1998) The quantitative anatomy of the vertebral artery groove of the atlas and its relation to the posterior atlantoaxial approach. Spine (Phila pa 1976) 23(3):320–323; Epstein NE (2015) Open laminoforaminotomy: a lost art? Surg Neurol Int 6(Suppl 24):S600–S607Google Scholar
- 5.Jalai CM, Worley N, Marascalchi BJ, Challier V, Vira S, Yang S, Boniello AJ, Bendo JA, Lafage V, Passias PG (2016) The impact of advanced age on peri-operative outcomes in the surgical treatment of cervical spondylotic myelopathy: a nationwide study between 2001 and 2010. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 41(3):E139–E147CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Seng C, Tow BP, Siddiqui MA, Srivastava A, Wang L, Yew AK, Yeo W, Khoo SH, Balakrishnan NM, Bin Abd Razak HR, Chen JL, Guo CM, Tan SB, Yue WM (2013) Surgically treated cervical myelopathy: a functional outcome comparison study between multilevel anterior cervical decompression fusion with instrumentation and posterior laminoplasty. Spine J 13(7):723–731CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 9.Smith JS, Ramchandran S, Lafage V, Shaffrey CI, Ailon T, Klineberg E, Protopsaltis T, Schwab FJ, O’Brien M, Hostin R, Gupta M, Mundis G, Hart R, Kim HJ, Passias PG, Scheer JK, Deviren V, Burton DC, Eastlack R, Bess S, Albert TJ, Riew KD, Ames CP; International Spine Study Group (2016) Prospective multicenter assessment of early complication rates associated with adult cervical deformity surgery in 78 patients. Neurosurgery 79(3):378–388Google Scholar
© Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017