Digital Display and Transmission of the Culture of Traditional Chinese Furniture
This paper explores the knowledge structure of traditional furniture culture, which contains aesthetic culture, technology culture, function culture, national culture and art culture. By conducting investigation on user groups via the depth interviews and personas method, established user role model and indicate the demands of different user groups for traditional Chinese furniture. And then the digitization model of display and dissemination of the culture of traditional Chinese furniture is established, according to the theories of User Centered Design and knowledge dissemination. Therefore, the interactive digitization form, which is funny and vivid, is adopted to display and disseminate traditional Chinese furniture. The purpose is to spread the culture of traditional Chinese furniture via top-down model of culture dissemination and get the culture of traditional Chinese furniture inherited and spread in a “live” status.
KeywordsTraditional Chinese furniture Cultural diffusion Digital display Interaction design
The authors are grateful for the financial support provided by “the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities”(No. 309201140132024).
- 1.Yinyin, Z., Xiping, S., Jingyan, Q.: Service oriented sustainable experience design of museum. Packag. Eng. 22(36), 1–4 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Dicks, B.: Culture on Display: The Production of Contemporary Visitability. Peking University Press, Beijing (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Wang, S.: The Study of Ming Dynasty Furniture. SDX Joint Publishing Company, Beijing (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Yushu, C.: The History of Furniture, pp. 175–196. China Light Industry Press (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Creswell, J.W.: Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches, 4th edn. SAGE Publications, Inc., Thousand Oaks (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Stickdorn, M., Schneider, J.: This is Service Design Thinking: Basics, Tools. Wiley, New York (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Yang, J., Leskovec, J.: Modeling information diffusion in implicit networks. In: ICDM, pp. 599–608 (2010)Google Scholar